By Galen PutnamAugust 19, 2010
Name: W. Arnold Pindle
Hometown: Fayetteville, N.C.
Duty Position: Deputy to the Commander
Duty Section: Command Group, 402nd Army Field Support Brigade
Duty Station: Joint Base Balad, Iraq
How long have you been in this position' 9 months in Iraq (3 years in Korea)
How long have you been working for the U.S. Army' 29 years
Tell us about your job and what you do:
- Plan, execute, coordinate, direct and supervise all missions and functional activities required to manage Army Materiel Command (AMC) readiness support activities and the worldwide Logistics Assistance Program.
- Conduct daily oversight of sustainment operations in support of the Materiel Enterprise involving over 8,000 military, Department of the Army civilians, and contract personnel in Iraq, Kuwait and Qatar.
- Provide oversight and direction for efforts affecting the Responsible Retrograde and Redeployment of US Forces and materiel from the Iraq Theater of Operations (ITO).
- Engage and influence collaboration among command elements to successfully accomplish sustainment and Redistribution Property Assistance Team (RPAT) operations.
- Determine goals and objectives that need additional emphasis in order to develop the best approach for resolving budget shortages and planning for long range staffing needs.
- Provide oversight and guidance for housing and life support of all AMC employees assigned to the 402nd AFSB.
- Develop and direct management controls over staff augmentation and operations and maintenance contracts.
- Provide advice and counsel to employees relative to work and administrative matters, career and professional development, and the implementation of special emphasis programs such as Consideration of Others, EO/EEO, Sexual Abuse and Harassment, and Safety in the Workplace.
Other jobs with the military:
12/01/2002 - 09/26/2009, 403rd Army Field Support Brigade: Supply LAR; LAO Chief; S3; Deputy to the Commander
03/12/2000 - 11/30/2002, U.S. Army Force Management Support Agency: Management Analyst
05/23/1999 - 03/11/2000, AMC Logistics Support Activity, LAO 3ID: Logistics Management Specialist
07/05/1998 - 05/22/1999, U.S. Army Reserve Command: Logistics Management Specialist
02/06/1994 - 07/04/1998, U.S. Army Europe, ODCSOPS, Force Mgt Div: Logistics Management Specialist
What is the best part of your job'
The opportunity to help others achieve their career goals.
Why do you like working here'
It has given me the opportunity to travel around the world and meet new and different people.
What do you do to make a difference for the Warfighter'
I remind myself daily that the Warfighter will not be able to protect and serve me and my family if I don't do my best job every day to protect, serve and support them.
Most people don't know this about me:
I am a former member of the National Ski Patrol.
What do you like to do in your spare time'
I can't remember. I don't seem to have much spare time anymore.
What is your personal philosophy'
Be true to your word.
What is your favorite quote/slogan/saying'
We cannot afford the luxury of a negative thought.