Soldiers return to the Mountain Post
By Spc. Shameka D. EdwardsJanuary 11, 2010
FORT CARSON, Colo. - About 150 Soldiers assigned to the 110th Military Police Company and approximately 1,500 2nd Brigade Combat Team Soldiers returned to the Mountain Post this week from a deployment to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
The 110th MP Company was deployed for 15 months and returned to Fort Carson August 14 around 8am along with about 16 Soldiers assigned to the 320th Psychological Operations which is a reserve unit out of Oregon.
Spc. Lukas Shook, who is assigned to the 110th MP Company, was injured in Iraq November 2008 returned to Fort Carson from Tampa, Fla. to be with his unit as they returned. Shook was awarded the Bronze Star Medal before the welcome home ceremony at the Special Events center.
The mother of fallen Soldier Staff Sgt. Gary Lee Woods Jr., Pat "Momma J" Johnson was at the 2BCT welcome home ceremony the evening of August 14 to show her support for the 1st Battalion 67th Armor Regiment.
"I had to be here, I've adopted them all," said Johnson.
The 1st Battalion 67th Armor Regiment uncased their colors Sunday August 16 during the welcome home ceremony. Lt. Col. Casey and Sgt Maj. John Bennett the battalion's S-3 noncommissioned officer in charge unfurled the colors signifying the return of the unit to Fort Carson.
The2nd brigade will continue to re-deploying throughout the month of August.
- July 3, 2020America’s Pacific Division hosts National Hiring Days event
- June 30, 2020250th MRBC Conducts Breach Training
- June 27, 2020Elimination of DA Photo, Race, Ethnicity & Gender Info From Soldier Records
- June 26, 2020CECOM Hosts Town Hall
- June 26, 2020Project Inclusion to cut board photos in holistic effort to promote diversity
- June 25, 2020BG Michelle Letcher is 42nd Chief of Ordnance
- June 24, 2020Mitchell returns to the Midwest to take command of ASC
- June 18, 2020Gold Star mom, unit honor fallen Soldiers
- June 17, 2020Most modern Stryker platforms fielded to 2/4 Infantry Division at Fort Carson
- June 17, 2020Garrison Commander, Lt. Col. Morgan, reflects on Picatinny assignment
- June 16, 2020Motorcycle Safety Ride
- June 15, 2020New Beginnings: Fort Carson infantry brigade converts to Stryker brigade
- June 12, 2020Resident app, town halls improve experiences
- June 12, 2020Carson eases some COVID-19 restrictions
- June 5, 2020Curfew ends, gyms open