Iron Brigade prepares for deployment with cultural awareness training
By by Pfc. Andrew IngramJanuary 11, 2010
1. Use the Iraqi Army and Police forces as a resource.
2. Study and respect the local culture and customs.
3. Never confuse religion with ethnicity. If referring to an Arab or a Kurd you are speaking of ethnicity. When referring to a Shiite or Sunni Muslim you are speaking of religion.
4. Do your homework: What is your mission' Who will you come in contact with'
5. Speak and act respectfully to Iraqi nationals. Do not demean or embarrass anyone.
- July 2, 2020Ready to Ride in Kaiserslautern
- June 27, 2020Elimination of DA Photo, Race, Ethnicity & Gender Info From Soldier Records
- June 25, 2020SMDC leader speaks at MDAA roundtable
- June 18, 2020Iron Eagles face COVID-19 challenges head on
- June 8, 2020Soldiers assist the nation and community
- June 2, 2020Martin speaks to Army’s newest Soldiers at BCT graduation
- June 1, 2020Camp Zama medical translator pays it forward, assists English-speaking patients in Japan
- May 29, 2020A legacy of excellence: A WWII Iron Soldier’s tale
- May 29, 2020Army’s Iron Dome batteries inbound for testing in 2021
- May 19, 2020American Soldiers with Nigerian Roots Support Blackjack Forward
- May 15, 2020Jackson leaders speak about 'steady state' return
- May 15, 2020NCARNG assists Spanish-speaking citizens during COVID-19
- May 14, 2020CPI focuses on Paladin value stream