Army to Continue with Bell Helicopter/Textron Inc. For Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)May 18, 2007
During the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter Special Army Systems Acquisition Review Council May 18, the Army evaluated and considered options in the procurement of the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter to replace the rapidly aging and depleted fleet of OH-58D Kiowa Warriors. The Army will continue with Bell Helicopter/Textron Inc. as the prime contractor for the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter.
The recommendation by the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter Special Army Systems Acquisition Review Council, approved by the Acting Secretary of the Army, maximizes contract performance while minimizing negative cost and schedule impacts to the government. Army modernization is a national imperative and the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter is a major part of Army modernization intended to provide a joint robust reconnaissance and security capability.
Reporters with questions may contact Paul Boyce, 703-697-2564, with the U.S. Army Public Affairs.
- 30 -
- December 18, 2018Black Hawk helicopter pilot interns with Army researchers
- December 14, 2018The Holiday Spirit of Operation Toy Drop Continues
- December 13, 2018Warrior Ohana generations continue legacy at Palm Circle
- December 12, 2018Cal Guard's new helicopters make fire debut during Camp Fire
- December 11, 2018Part 4: Arm yourself with basic car buying skills
- December 7, 2018Logistics specialist awarded Continuous Process Improvement Black Belt
- December 6, 2018Continuing to contribute
- December 6, 2018Bowl-bound Army looking to continue win streak over Navy
- December 4, 2018Maryland Guard, Bosnia-Herzegovina armed forces celebrate 15-year partnership
- December 3, 2018Army launches xTechSearch 2.0 to continue search for next generation technology
- December 1, 2018Bosnia and Herzegovina armed forces celebrate Armed Forces Day, marking 13 years of unified military
- November 30, 2018Gen. Perna commends JMC's continued efforts to support munitions readiness
- November 29, 2018Jingle bell toy ruck
- November 29, 2018Native American Warrior culture influences support for serving in the Armed Forces
- November 29, 20181st Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (LI) Receives Training in Operating in Subterranean
- November 21, 2018Modern Reconnaissance for the Future Combat Engineer