Army to Continue with Bell Helicopter/Textron Inc. For Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter
By Mr. Paul Boyce (FORSCOM)May 18, 2007
During the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter Special Army Systems Acquisition Review Council May 18, the Army evaluated and considered options in the procurement of the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter to replace the rapidly aging and depleted fleet of OH-58D Kiowa Warriors. The Army will continue with Bell Helicopter/Textron Inc. as the prime contractor for the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter.
The recommendation by the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter Special Army Systems Acquisition Review Council, approved by the Acting Secretary of the Army, maximizes contract performance while minimizing negative cost and schedule impacts to the government. Army modernization is a national imperative and the Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter is a major part of Army modernization intended to provide a joint robust reconnaissance and security capability.
Reporters with questions may contact Paul Boyce, 703-697-2564, with the U.S. Army Public Affairs.
- 30 -
- July 19, 2018MEDEVAC 101: Army Reserve Soldiers train on the fly
- July 18, 20182-158th AHB night assault training
- July 16, 2018First Army Soldiers, civilian medical team partner for air MEDEVAC training
- July 13, 2018Photo Essay: EOD team members build remote-operated robot skills
- July 13, 2018Photo Essay: Full protective suit EOD training scenario at Fort McCoy's Combined Arms Collective Tra
- July 13, 20184CAB, 1SBCT train on air assault
- July 13, 2018Colo. National Guard helicopter crews who fought Spring Fire return to base
- July 12, 2018Aviation crews get big welcome for skills training
- July 10, 2018Photo Essay: Sling load training sequence at Fort McCoy
- July 10, 201816th CAB hosts Red-Tailed Hawks Youth Flying Club
- July 10, 2018Underwater egress training aims to improve survival rates
- July 9, 20182-158th conducts personnel recovery training
- June 29, 2018Mongolian Armed Forces host Khaan Quest 2018 peacekeeping field-training exercise
- June 25, 2018Proclamation signing kicks off Armed Forces Celebration Week
- June 19, 2018Mongolian Armed Forces, U.S. Navy provide healthcare outreach in Mongolia
- June 18, 2018Oregon Army National Guard Chinook helicopter unit prepares for homeland missions