By Col. James BalockiSeptember 23, 2009
I would like to personally thank (Elizabeth M. Collins) for her balanced look at Base Realignment and Closure 2005 in the July 2009 issue of Soldiers Magazine.
The task before her, to explain such a complex and intricate program, was a demanding one, and she did a masterful job of both exposing the difficulties inherent in these moves, and the successes that follow each job well done.
I am grateful for the time she took to thoroughly investigate all sides of the BRAC program. Proving information about the status of BRAC can be tricky, and I sincerely appreciate the time and effort (she) put into this article.
Col. James Balocki
Chief, BRAC Division
Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff
for Installation Management
- June 8, 2017Army installation chief asks for new BRAC round
- June 6, 2017Physician to the President of the United States recognizes Tripler personnel
- May 4, 2017Generations of Army Europe leadership empowered at company commander staff ride
- March 31, 2017Installation heads link thoughtful BRAC round to cost savings
- March 27, 2017USNS Brittin validates 936th ETOE during first mission in theater
- March 16, 2017Paralympic swimming champion inducted into Army Women's Hall of Fame
- March 13, 2017Brig. Gen. Anna Mae Hays--The First Female Brigadier General
- March 2, 2017'A pretty big deal': PII violations can carry stiff penalties
- February 24, 2017Fort Huachuca cyclists beat Lance Armstrong in Tucson race
- February 8, 2017Hard work pays off for three new PAs at IPAP graduation
- February 6, 2017U.S. ARMY AIR-TO-GROUND (ATG) MISSILES IN VIETNAM
- December 16, 2016Combat medic named to ESPN Women's Impact25 list
- December 15, 2016Local children get early visit with Ole St. Nick
- November 8, 2016Army/Coast Guard Water Survival Training
- November 4, 2016'Cyberspace is a human space, as dynamic and uncertain as human nature'
- September 26, 2016Employees benefit professionally and personally from Blacks in Government conference