By Col. James BalockiSeptember 23, 2009
I would like to personally thank (Elizabeth M. Collins) for her balanced look at Base Realignment and Closure 2005 in the July 2009 issue of Soldiers Magazine.
The task before her, to explain such a complex and intricate program, was a demanding one, and she did a masterful job of both exposing the difficulties inherent in these moves, and the successes that follow each job well done.
I am grateful for the time she took to thoroughly investigate all sides of the BRAC program. Proving information about the status of BRAC can be tricky, and I sincerely appreciate the time and effort (she) put into this article.
Col. James Balocki
Chief, BRAC Division
Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff
for Installation Management
- July 19, 2018Students gain experience at summer jobs
- July 17, 2018AMCOM Special Operations aviation leader honored with Presidential Rank award
- July 12, 2018Summer Hire Program a 'win-win' for USAG Japan teens, work centers
- June 29, 2018Strong B.A.N.D.S 2018 topped the charts with participants
- June 29, 2018Guard Soldier balances the many things that make her unique
- June 29, 2018SDDC's Riester earns Green Belt, makes big improvements
- June 28, 2018Federal employees face restrictions with post-government employment
- June 28, 2018July-August 2018 issue of Army Sustainment
- June 26, 2018Why talent management? It makes units better
- June 25, 2018A new window on the world for WTU soldiers seeking job skills
- June 25, 2018LGBT Workshop teaches to affect change
- June 25, 2018New Fort Riley director of human resources places customer service first
- June 22, 2018LOGCAP V addresses future needs with more participation from contractors
- June 21, 2018Environmental Health works behind the scenes to keep Soldiers ready
- June 21, 2018Summit builds career skills for transitioning troops
- June 19, 2018Fort Hood WTU changes leadership