The November 2023 edition of The Corps Environment is now available!
Read the latest issue: https://www.dvidshub.net/publication/issues/67906
This edition highlights fostering sustainability as a way of life, in support of Environmental Operating Principle #1. Content includes commentary from Mr. Pete Perez, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Engineering and Construction Division chief, discussing how USACE is engineering solutions to address a changing climate. This issue also features initiatives from across the Army environmental community that are providing sustainable solutions that support our environment and the global communities we serve.
- USACE Alaska District shares how they are using historical photo analysis to guide restoration work at a World War II site.
- USACE Honolulu District discusses how environmental protection is at the forefront of Maui debris removal planning process.
- USACE Baltimore District highlights their efforts to rehome honeybees during construction activities.
- USACE Philadelphia District discusses how washing stations are reducing the spread of invasive species.
- U.S. Army Environmental Command shares a first-hand account from an Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) program participant.
Read these articles and more in the November 2023 edition of The Corps Environment.
Learn more about USACE's Environmental Operating Principles here.
Previous editions of The Corps Environment are available here.