FORT GREGG-ADAMS, Va. — Similar to during last year's summer break, the Adams Avenue (formerly A Avenue) gate is scheduled to close Monday until the new academic year starts for Prince George County Schools.
The gate will be closed from June 26 - Aug. 13. The closure allows for reducing costs and increasing scheduling flexibility for the Department of the Army Security Guards. It also reduces the requirement for installation Soldiers to work access control points across the installation.
Other gate hours for Fort Gregg-Adams remain unchanged. They include:
- Sisisky Gate (Main Gate) -- always open 24/7.
- Gregg Avenue -- weekdays: 5 a.m. - 7 p.m.; weekends: closed
- Visitor Control Center -- weekdays: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.; weekends: closed
- Sustainment Avenue -- weekdays: 5 a.m. - 7 p.m.; weekends: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Shop Road (commercial traffic must use Sisisky Gate when Shop Road Gate is closed.) -- weekdays: 6 a.m. - 1 p.m.; weekends: closed
- Valor Circle -- always open to staff, residents and authorized guests.
- Temple Avenue (Access limited to official personnel working on Ordnance Campus.) -- weekdays: 5 a.m. - 7 p.m.; weekends: closed
For more information about accessing the installation, please see: https://home.army.mil/greggadams/about/visitor-information