FORT LEONARD WOOD, Mo. — The U.S. Army Chemical Corps will hold its annual regimental week here from June 26 through 30.
Hosted by U.S. Army Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear School Commandant Col. W. Bochat, this year’s celebration marks the corps’ 105th anniversary and is an opportunity for the entire CBRN enterprise to reconnect, Bochat said.
“The week is also an opportunity to celebrate our heritage and recognize accomplishments, such as the Best CBRN Warrior team, Sibert Awards competitors, recognizing Distinguished Members of the Corps and Hall of Fame,” Bochat said. “We look forward to formally unveiling the state of the regiment and call upon on all Dragon Soldiers to celebrate our 105 years of service to the nation and share your formations using the following hashtags: #dragonsoldiers #RW2023 #ChemicalRegiment.”
This year’s events include:
- Sgt. 1st Class Jeremiah Johnson Memorial Jump. The week kicks off with a memorial parachute jump airborne operation in honor of Sgt. 1st Class Jeremiah Johnson — a CBRN specialist, who was killed while performing a mission in Africa, in 2017 — set to take place at 9:30 a.m. Monday at Forney Airfield. Signage around Forney Airfield will direct anyone wishing to view the jump to parking and the viewing area.
- Chemical Corps Regimental Association 2023 CBRN Exhibition. The two-day industry exhibition will feature more than 30 venders and will run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Nutter Field House. This event is open to individuals with access to Fort Leonard Wood.
- Spouses event. Military and civilian spouses interested in learning more about CBRN career fields and some of the training performed here can participate in a spouses event from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday. The group will meet at the John B. Mahaffey Museum Complex, and will participate in activities at the museum, as well as at the Lt. Joseph Terry CBRN First Responder Training Facility and the Chemical Defense Training Facility. Click here for more information.
- Sunrise service. A service in honor of fallen CBRN service members begins at 6 a.m. Wednesday at Memorial Grove. The event is open to individuals with access to Fort Leonard Wood and will be livestreamed on the USACBRNS Facebook page. A breakfast will follow the service, beginning at 7 a.m. at the USO.
- Regimental Dragon Challenge. The team-based competition, set to begin at 5:30 a.m. June 29 at the NCO Academy track and field, will include events such as sled pulls, pushups and litter carries.
- State of the Regiment and Regimental Honors Ceremony. The event starts at 9 a.m. June 29 in Lincoln Hall Auditorium, with remarks from Bochat, along with Regimental Command Sgt. Maj. Raymond Quitugua Jr. and Regimental Chief Warrant Officer 4 Humphrey Hills II. The awards ceremony begins at 10 a.m.
- The Green Dragon Ball. The social hour begins at 5 p.m. June 29 at Nutter Field House, and the ball begins at 6 p.m. Click here for more information or to purchase tickets.
- CCRA golf scramble. Check in for the CCRA’s golf scramble begins at 8 a.m. June 30 at Piney Valley Golf Course. A shotgun start begins at 9 a.m. Cost is $65 per person and includes breakfast. Call Frank Lewis at 573.528.2097, or Sharon McCann at 573.201.6145 for more information.