Below is a list of modified hours, closures and other information for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Thursday, Nov. 24, is a federal holiday and all garrison offices other than emergency services will be closed. Friday, Nov. 25 is a U.S. Army Pacific training holiday and 25th Infantry Division no scheduled activity, or DONSA.
Soldiers should check with their unit leadership to confirm whether they have a day off or not. On training holidays, garrison offices are open but customers going to offices with uniformed staff may experience longer wait times than usual.
- All child development centers, family child care homes and school age centers are closed Thursday, Nov. 24.
- Child development and school age centers will offer consolidated care Friday, Nov. 25. If you need child care that day, it will be available 6 a.m.-6 p.m. at the Fort Shafter and Schofield Barracks child development centers and school age centers. Spots are limited.
- Need assistance but don't know who to call? A listing of 24/7 services is available at https://home.army.mil/hawaii/index.php/contact/crisis
- A full listing of hours of operation and any modifications is available at https://hawaii.armymwr.com/application/files/3616/6882/4687/WEB_DFMWR_HOO-Turkey_Day_copy.pdf.
- The Desmond T. Doss Health Clinic on Schofield Barracks will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24.
Island Palm Communities
- Community centers and the leasing office will close at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23. They will reopen Monday, Nov. 28 for normal operations. Maintenance emergencies can be reported 24/7 to (808) 457-4075.
- Trach and recycling pick up will not be affected by the holiday.
- Pools will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24 and open Friday, Nov. 25. They will be closed Monday, Nov. 28 for regularly scheduled maintenance.
- The City & County of Honolulu's Thanksgiving holiday schedule is available at https://www.honolulu.gov/cms-csd-menu/site-csd-sitearticles/1564-site-csd-news-2022-cat/50807-11-22-22-city-announces-thanksgiving-day-holiday-schedule.html.
Recreation (other than MWR)
- The Tropic Lightning Musuem will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24
- All commissaries on island will be closed Thursday, Nov. 24. They will be open normal business hours the rest of the holiday weekend.
- Exchange holiday hours are available at https://www.facebook.com/HawaiiExchange/posts/pfbid02pvfjBRwsYbUWocodrkuBEwyt9n3BwmLESJoZjQCKyYyLJTqJzhDxCwEL1JJ2DBDXl and https://www.facebook.com/HawaiiExchange/posts/pfbid02eQWdT8F2k9yMnDPjikA1HMPEqSthJWQoPtJt59AnC28FdAkQNmcVSdgaAUJbYYQxl
- All public schools are closed Thursday, Nov. 24
- Friday, Nov. 25 is a school holiday and there is no school for students. Most administrative offices will be open. Check with school to verify.
Single Soldier holiday meal
- Both USOs on Fort Shafter and Schofield Barracks will hold a single Soldier Thanksgiving meal on Thursday, Nov. 25. Service members should bring their ID. Both meals are first-come, first-served and are while supplies last.
- The Fort Shafter USO holiday meal starts at 11:30 a.m. The USO is located in Bldg. 503B, 220 Casey St. (Flyer)
- The Schofield USO holiday meal starts at 11 a.m. The USO is located in Bldg. 586, 208 Trimble Rd. (Flyer)
- Holiday meal is Wednesday, Nov. 23, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. See https://www.army.mil/article/262066 for more information.
- Holiday and weekend DFAC schedule is available at https://home.army.mil/hawaii/index.php/download_file/view/3799/1185