PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS BEING FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY #6 (DHA) DHA FOR CERTAIN PERSONNEL OF THE DoD WORKFORCE
Public Notice Number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0071
Opening and Closing Dates: 27 July 2022 through 5 August 2022 (11:59pm CT)
Position Title: OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST.
This public notice may be used to fill multiple vacancies
Full Performance Level: NH-02
Duty Location: US Army Acquisition Support Center, Office of the Program Executive Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Salary Range: $56,728 – $89,222
Work Schedule: Full-time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Start Date: On or around 25 September 2022
Relocation: Relocation (PCS) expenses may be authorized (subject to available budget) if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government. Recruitment or Relocation Incentives may be authorized in accordance with agency policy.
Travel Requirement: Up to 5% Temporary Duty Travel required
Who May Apply: U.S Citizens, nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the United States
Basic Qualification Requirement: In addition to meeting the education and specialized experience requirements described below your application package must reflect the applicable experience to meet the Individual Occupational Requirements for the 1515 series as listed below.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes participating in baseline reviews to manage the implementation of the management system and determining how to improve management data outputs from the system by impacting critical process metrics and business processes.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-7/NH-01).
Education: Two years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a master's degree or master's or equivalent graduate degree which provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work.
Combination of Graduate Education and Professional Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this grade level as long as the computed percentage of the requirements equal at least 100 percent. To compute the percentage of the requirements, first determine the total qualifying education as a percentage of the education required for the grade level; then determine the experience as a percentage of the experience required for the grade level; finally, add the two percentages.
Basic Education Requirement: Degree in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
NOTE: Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position.
a.) Serves as the Operations Research Analyst for various systems programs responsible for analysis, economic analysis, data analysis, metrics development, and management and program reporting. Leads a variety of studies to develop, review, validate, maintain, present, and defend Project Manager (PM)/ Program Executive Officer (PEO)/Department of Army (DA) positions on varying aspects of studies or analysis for assigned programs or projects.
b.) Develops and supports the implementation of procedures for the PM/PEO. Develops study areas, objectives, models, and methods to support or develop life cycle analysis, multivariate and multi-objective optimization, estimates, perform earned value management tasks, or other analysis related work.
c.) Formulates and guides team effort and/or tasks, coordinates, and incorporates the work of PM analysts and supporting organizations.
d.) Conducts various cost and economic analysis studies for estimating the cost of various systems, subsystems, and advanced technology concepts, i.e., Parametric Cost Estimates, Program Office Estimates, Cost-Effectiveness Analysis, Design-to-Cost, etc.
e.) Analyzes the cost of resource requirements (money, material, personnel, and facilities) by relating cost to physical and performance variables utilizing regression analysis, trend analysis, sensitivity analysis, uncertainty analysis, parametric expression, and other operations research techniques.
f.) Reviews new and/or available cost estimating relationships (CER's) for applicability to specific cost studies, estimates, and validations.
g.) Develops cost estimating relationships and computational methods and factors for the improvement of the overall data research, cost estimating, cost tracking, and cost validation capability.
Conditions of Employment:
1) Must meet suitability for Federal employment.
2) Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Security clearance
3) May be required to serve a 2-year probationary period
4) This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 5% of the time.
5) This position is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectee will be required to meet the positions requirements for certification at the Practitioner level within 60 months of entrance on duty.
6) This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectee must meet position requirements for Business – Cost-Estimating certification within 60 months as of entrance on duty.
1) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
2) This is a Career Program (CP) 11 position
3) Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement
4) Direct Deposit of pay is required
5) Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
How to Apply:
Please send an e-mail to: email@example.com containing the following:
• Resume that includes must include your first and last name, current address, current email address, current phone number, job title, employer, duties, and accomplishments; as well as hours worked per week and dates of employment
• Transcripts that include the date your degree was conferred. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes, however Official transcripts will be required if selected. Diplomas are NOT acceptable proof of graduation.
Please submit all documents in PDF or Word format.
Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 5 August 2022.
Please Note: Application packages that are received after the closing date, do not contain the requirements, and resumes that do not contain all of the required information or are submitted in unreadable formats, will not be considered.
PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0071 - ORSA NH-1515-02 (G8).pdf [PDF - 205.2 KB]