Commitment Extends Beyond RSOI
By Spc. Natalie E. KapteynApril 9, 2007
CAMP HENRY - The military alliance between the Republic of Korea Army and the United States Army continues to strengthen through meetings that don't have to be strictly business.
19th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) met with 50th Homeland Reserve Division Headquarters in Daegu for the first time to participate in friendly activities including a game of soccer, tug-of-war and dinner. The command group, primary staff officers and senior NCO's from each unit participated in this event.
The 50th HRD is the primary defense and security of Daegu Metropolitan and Kyongsangbuk-do province. In wartime they support Reception, Staging and Onward Movement of deploying U.S. forces to this area of Korea.
Maj. Gen. Lee, Tae Woo, commanding general, 50th HRD expressed the same desire as Brig. Gen. Raymond V. Mason, commanding general, 19th ESC, to remain committed in strengthening the partnership between ROK and U.S. Armies.
The theme for the evening was "Happy Together, Go Together," which supports the idea of a friendly working relationship between the two units.
"There is nothing that substitutes face to face interaction. To meet and socialize with our ROK counterparts does a lot to build a relationship that sustains the R.O.K and US Armies as allies," said Maj. Steven B. Traum, support operations, 19th ESC.
During the soccer match and dinner, both unit's servicemembers got a chance to interact with one another towards a strong relationship as friends and allies.
"When we work together again in the future, the meeting tonight will go a long way in making our working relationship stronger. Team building, healthy competition and socializing helps us see the differences and similarities between cultures to better understand each other," said Traum.
Mason said he hopes to have a similar event like this later this year inviting 50th HRD to the 19th ESC Headquarters.
- March 25, 2020FMS provides precision guided munitions to India
- March 23, 20209th Mission Support Command Builds Relationship and Schools in Thailand
- March 6, 2020Two 19th Engineer Battalion Soldiers receive Purple Heart medals at Fort Knox ceremony
- March 5, 2020Army Takes AIM at Non-Traditional CWMD Technology Partners
- March 3, 2020Updated Unit Risk Inventory Version 3, Web Reporting Tool Released
- March 3, 2020Engaged Leadership and the Art of Listening
- February 28, 2020First Army religious affairs sergeant major has long history of leadership excellence
- February 28, 2020Indiana's 19th CERFP unit trains in Alaska for Arctic Eagle 2020
- February 25, 2020World's longest-running military exercise commences in Thailand
- February 21, 2020Community relations teams engage Poland local leaders
- February 18, 2020New command sergeant major's community welcome
- February 14, 2020NCOLCoE SLDC graduates grow where they go
- February 13, 2020Sustainers learn about allied partner's storied history
- February 12, 2020593rd ESC sustains readiness at Warfighter Exercise