SCHOFIELD BARRACKS, Hawaii — Local military units are scheduled to conduct various training activities in August that may be heard by surrounding communities.
Training can occur during daytime and nighttime hours and is subject to change based on weather and other environmental factors. Weather, such as overcast conditions can increase noise and vibrations. Should individuals hear noise, there is no immediate danger.
For the community’s awareness, the training is as follows:
- Aug. 1-5, 8-13, 20-31: Army artillery, mortar and small arms training, Schofield Barracks. Training will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
- Aug. 1-7, 21-31: Army Lightning Academy Blank Fire Training, Schofield Barracks East Range.
- Aug. 3-4, 18, 23: Army Lightning Academy aviation training, Schofield Barracks East Range.
- Aug. 17-19: Demolition Training, Schofield Barracks. Training will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
- Aug. 27-28: Combined arms live fire exercise, Schofield Barracks. Training will occur during daytime and nighttime hours.
Mortar training occasionally generates visible bright orange lights when illumination rounds are fired. Residents in the surrounding area may see these bright orange lights in the sky.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) training can occur 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Wheeler Army Airfield and in the restricted airspace over much of Schofield Barracks and a northwestern section of the Waianae mountain range.
The military appreciates the understanding and continued support of the local community. While sometimes loud, this training is critical to ensure military units and service members are ready to accomplish their mission and return home safely.
To report concerns related to noise or training, contact U.S. Army Hawaii’s Noise Concern Line at (808) 656-3487 or email@example.com Concerns are responded to during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Army produces this monthly schedule to alert neighbors of upcoming training activities that are louder in nature and may be heard outside the military installation. This schedule is subject to change and is not inclusive of all Army aviation/unmanned aircraft system (UAS) activities, or East Range training activities (between Wahiawa and Mililani Mauka). To receive Army training advisories directly, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Subscribe Training” in the subject line.