PDF VERSION [PDF - 208.5 KB]
PŌHAKULOA TRAINING AREA, HILO, HAWAII — Military units are scheduled to conduct training at Pōhakuloa Training Area in July that may be heard by surrounding communities. Essential training is subject to change based on safety, weather and other environmental factors. Weather, such as overcast conditions can increase noise and vibrations. Should individuals hear noise, there is no immediate danger.
For the community’s awareness, the planned training for July is as follows:
• July 1: Police Pistol Qualification
• July 9-10: Army small arms and artillery live fire
• July 13-27: Marine artillery live fire exercise (RIMPAC) (Sound and effects may be louder and more concentrated 16-24 July)
• July 24-31: Fixed Wing Close Air Support (RIMPAC)
• July 25-31: Army small arms and artillery & mortar live fire
The following convoys are planned for July 2022:
• July 13: 10 a.m.to 7 p.m. Kawaihae to PTA (three total convoys spread apart)
• July 14: 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Kawaihae to PTA (three total convoys spread apart)
The following specialized training will occur at Kawaihae Harbor:
• July 13-14, 24-25: July Landing Craft Air Cushion Operations (aka hover craft)
There are no hunting opportunities currently planned for July. If the situation changes, an additional advisory will be published.
UAS training can occur 24 hours a day, seven days a week on PTA in the restricted airspace. The military appreciates the understanding and continued support of the Hawaii Island community. While sometimes loud, this training is critical to ensure military units and service members are ready to accomplish their mission and return home safely.
To report concerns related to noise or training, contact U.S. Army Hawaii’s Community Concern Line at (808) 656-3487 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Concerns are responded to during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
The U.S. Army produces this monthly schedule to alert neighbors of upcoming training activities that are louder in nature and may be heard outside the military installation. This schedule is subject to change and is not inclusive of all Army aviation/unmanned aircraft system (UAS) activities. To receive Army training advisories directly, email email@example.com with “Subscribe Training” in the subject line.