Eighteen Army Contracting Center-New Jersey employees were recognized and thanked by Combat Capabilities Development Command Armaments Center Director, John F. Hedderich III, on Nov. 8, for outstanding contracting support during fiscal year 2021 in support of our U.S. warfighters.
From October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021, ACC-New Jersey personnel awarded 616 contract actions that equated to $1.39B in support of the Armament Center alone.
Hedderich also welcomed a new member to Team Picatinny, Deputy Executive Director of ACC-New Jersey, David King.
Army Contracting Command-New Jersey, located at Picatinny Arsenal and Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, plans, directs, controls, manages and executes the full spectrum of contracting, acquisition support and business advisory services in support of major weapons, armaments, ammunition systems, information technology and enterprise systems for the Army and other Department of Defense customers. It supports all phases of the acquisition life cycle, including research and development, low rate initial production and full rate production.
Army Contracting Command-New Jersey provides expert contracting support to the Army's "ammunition enterprise" by integrating the people, organizations, infrastructures and processes necessary for the effective life cycle management of conventional munitions for the joint warfighter.
“Our ACC New Jersey partners were instrumental in awarding contracts in support of the various projects that we are working on at the Armaments Center, which includes more than 100 Science and Technology projects,” said Armaments Center Military Deputy, Col. Lance B. Green.
“We could not have done it without them,” Green continued. “The Armaments Center, the Joint Program Executive Office for Armaments and Ammunition, and ACC-New Jersey is an acquisition enterprise team and we communicate and work very well together. The ACC-New Jersey staff are at the tip of the spear on some of our future requirements which lead the way for Army modernization and lethality. The entire leadership team at DEVCOM are very supportive and appreciative of everything that ACC-New Jersey does for us.”
“We have a division here at ACC-New Jersey that directly supports all of the Armaments Center and their work,” said Executive Director of ACC-New Jersey, Thomas A. Dougherty.
“A few of the employees recognized also support the Government Purchase Card Program that we utilize to support our customers. It allows us to do certain low dollar actions rapidly on a credit card.”
Throughout the fiscal year, 59 action items totaling $1.64M were processed through the Government Purchase Card Program in support of the Armaments Center.
“I think leadership understands that often times, we are the end of the chain -- the last thing before you make that award -- so sometimes there is a lot of pressure on these contracting officers to get these contracts awarded on time,” Dougherty continued.
ACC-New Jersey has roughly 320 employees according to Dougherty. The following employees were recognized by Green and Hedderich for direct support to the Armaments Center:
1. Jason Melofchik, Branch Chief, CCDC Munitions Engineering Technology Center (METC)
2. Wilson Au, Procuring Contract Officer (PCO), CCDC METC
3. Jason Kenlan, PCO, CCDC METC
4. Elizabeth Horak, Branch Chief, CCDC Enterprise Systems & Integration Center (ESIC), WSEC, (Small Business Innovation Research (SBIRs)
5. David Gordon, PCO, WSEC, ESIC
6. Gloria Thoguluva, PCO, WSEC, ESIC
7. Howard Kane, Contract Specialist, CCDC WSEC
8. Eric Wagner, Branch Chief, CCDC WSEC
9. Scott Dern, PCO, CCDC WSEC
10. Margaret Heyrich, PCO, CCDC WSEC
11. Anthony Bleakley, Contract Specialist, CCDC WSEC
12. Don Gurry, Contract Specialist, CCDC WSEC
13. Nicole Estrada, Contract Specialist, CCDC WSEC
14. Guy Hunneyman – Branch Chief, Government Purchase Card/Contracting Officer Representative Support, DEVCOM CCDC
15. Mila Lewis – Contract Specialist, DEVCOM CCDC
16. Tom Incera – COCO Program Lead, DEVCOM CCDC
17. Thomas Dougherty – Senior Contracting Official (SCO), ACC New Jersey
18. Daniel Perrotta – Director, Operations Execution Office / Chief of Staff, ACC New Jersey