PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITION BEING FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) FOR CERTAIN COMPETITIVE SERVICE POSITIONS (SECTION 1109)
Public Notice Number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-21-0042
Opening and Closing Dates: 23 September through 6 October 2021 (11:59pm CT)
Position Title: PROGRAM MANAGER (PRODUCT LEAD ACQUISITION). Multiple positions may be filled using this Public Notice
Full Performance Level: NH-04
Duty Location: US Army Acquisition Support Center, Office of the Program Executive Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Salary Range: $112,548 – $172,102
Work Schedule: Full-time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Start Date: On or around 7 November 2021
Relocation: Relocation (PCS) expenses may be authorized (subject to available budget) if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government. Recruitment or Relocation Incentives may be authorized in accordance with agency policy.
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% Temporary Duty Travel required
Who May Apply: U.S Citizens, nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the United States.
Basic Qualification Requirement:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes 1) Managing all aspects of an Acquisition program to include development, testing, and fielding. 2) Balancing cost, schedule, and performance to assure the best value for stakeholders. 3) Briefing senior leaders, and or key stakeholders on the progress of an acquisition program 4) Performing a full range of management-related duties such as interviewing, performance evaluation, counseling, mentoring, production monitoring, etc. of subordinates to meet mission goals. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
a. Responsible for all aspects of acquisition to include development, testing, system integration, production, fielding, sustainment and product improvements with a multi-million dollar annual budget.
b. Maintain continuous liaison and monitors collaborative planning with pertinent military users, DA staff and other agencies to render advice and counsel on assigned management activities.
c. Develops a comprehensive time-phased and budgeted program designed to meet mission requirements based on analysis and evaluation of current programs, schedule, budget and performance objectives. Oversees POM planning, cost estimating, program planning, programming, budgeting, program integration, interoperability and oversight.
a. Build a qualified, diverse staff capable of executing all PMO requirements.
b. Assign work based on priorities, selective consideration of difficulty and requirements of assignments, and capabilities of employees.
c. Identify ways to improve production or increase the quality of the work directed.
d. Manage additional duties in the areas of qualitative and quantitative display of data, government purchase card use, manpower, awards, training, facilities management, travel, safety, health and environmental work, military personnel, civilian personnel, and service contract oversight.
e. Perform all required supervisory duties to ensure staff remains compliant with PMO, PEO and Army policies.
Conditions of Employment:
1) Must meet suitability for Federal employment
2) Will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
3) Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Security clearance
4) Will be required to serve a 2 year probationary period
5) Direct Deposit of pay is required
6) This position is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Selectee will be required to meet the positions requirements for certification at the appropriate level within 24 months of entrance on duty.
7) Must obtain Level III certification in the Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 24 months of entrance onto the position
8) Acquisition Corps (AC) membership is required prior to appointment to a Critical Acquisition Position unless a waiver is granted. Subject to membership proof, AC members from other services will be accepted by Army without additional review.
9) Must sign an Acquisition Corps written tenure agreement to remain in the Federal service in this position for at least 3 years
10) This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter
1) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration
2) This is a Career Program (CP) 11 position
3) Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement
How to Apply:
Please provide your current resume (citing graduation date, degree and GPA) and unofficial transcripts via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit all information in PDF or Word format. Please ensure your email has the following subject line: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-21-0042. Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 6 October 2021.
Application packages that are received after the closing date, do not contain resume and transcripts, or are submitted in unreadable formats will not be considered.
PEOAVN-DHA-1109-21-0042.docx [DOCX - 72.3 KB]