BEAUMONT, Texas — The 842nd Transportation Battalion announced that U.S. Army Capt. Pha Nguyen assumed duties as the new battalion operations officer here.
"We would like to give a warm welcome to Nguyen and his wife Cynthia into the Warhorse Family," said Sgt. Maj. Rubin Cherry, "People are the U.S. Army’s greatest strength and most valuable asset. Welcome aboard, sir!"
The unit also recognized Soldiers from the U.S. Army Reserve's 1192nd Deployment and Distribution Support team for successfully mobilizizing:
• Maj. Coker, 1192nd Deployment and Distribution Support team officer in charge, from Fair Oaks, Calif.
• Capt. Bartee, mobility officer, from New Egypt, N.J.
• Sgt. First Class Barajas, senior movement control noncommissioned officer in charge, from Edinburg, Texas
• Staff Sgt. Martinez, senior movements noncommissioned officer in charge from McAllen, Texas
• Staff Sgt. Rodriguez, movements supervisor, from Kingsville, Texas
• Sgt. Burgos, Movements Supervisor, from Bronx, New York
• Sgt. Johnson, assistance movements noncommissioned officer in charge, from Alice, Texas
• Spc. Lenoir, assistance movements noncommissioned officer in charge from Magnolia, Miss.
In addition, the battalion recognized Matthew Young, information technology specialist, for making improvements to the network used to track equipment in real time.
Finally, the battalion recognized the outstanding efforts by all those who conducted the new Army Combat Fitness Test.
This new physical fitness test strengthens unit and collective readiness and provides the nation with physically fit Soldiers of unmatched lethality to deploy, fight and win decisively on any future battlefield.
The 842d Transportation Battalion conducts surface deployment and redeployment, distribution and water terminal operations to support and sustain the Warfighter. Battalion operations are conducted through the Ports of Port Arthur, Beaumont, Corpus Christi in Texas and Gulfport, Mississippi.