Lyster Army Health Clinic readies youth for back to school with an upcoming School and Sports Physical Day on Saturday, July 24. Clinic staff will host the day to serve as a one-stop source to complete mandatory school and sports physicals for students, who are ages four to 18 years old.
Lyster’s Commander, Lt. Col. Danielle Rodondi remarked, “We found it important to schedule the event on a Saturday to offer additional access and convenience for our families with other commitments during the week. Our goal is to ensure our service members’ children are prepared for the upcoming school year,”
To participate, a parent or legal guardian must schedule an appointment and be present during the physical. Parents must bring physical forms from their respective schools, as forms may vary by school. The parent should complete their portion of the form prior to arriving at Lyster to not delay appointment time. If the child has received any vaccines that are not recorded in the child’s file, please bring any additional shot records to the appointment.
Additional important info before arriving at your appointment:
· By appointment only, no walk-ins.
· Patient must be an enrolled beneficiary with their PCM at Lyster.
· Patient must be present for appointment. Child must be present regardless of how recently the child has been evaluated by their PCM.
· Please do not bring additional children to the appointment. If an additional child(ren) requires a sports physical, each child requires their own appointment.
· Only school/sports physicals will be addressed. If there are other concerns or issues (medication refills, referrals, acute issues, etc), please make an appointment during regular clinic hours.
· If the child wears glasses, please bring the glasses to the appointment for the eye exam portion of the physical.
· For more information visit https://lyster.tricare.mil
Children with chronic medical conditions including asthma, food allergies, attention deficit disorder, heart conditions or developmental delay, should schedule an appointment separately for an in-depth assessment with their primary care provider.
To schedule an appointment, call the Lyster Appointment Line at (800) 261-7193.