Lyster Army Health Clinic announced COVID vaccinations have transitioned from Building 620 back to the clinic effective Monday, June 7. Beneficiaries should continue to use the dedicated online COVID appointment scheduling app to book their vaccination. Persons can find the link on the Lyster homepage https://lyster.tricare.mil/ or directly at https://informatics-stage.health.mil/LysterCOVIDApp/.
When booking your vaccination appointment online, you now have the option to book your 2nd dose appointment. The 2nd dose appointment should be booked for 28 days after your 1st dose appointment. If a 2nd dose appointment is not available exactly 28 days later, book for the next available appointment pass the 28 day mark. Do not exceed 42 days from your 1st dose.
· Please be advised that Lyster only offers the Moderna COVID Vaccine.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Must be available between 28 to 42 days following first dose, for second dose.
At Lyster Vaccination Site:
· ID/CAC Card will be required for check-in.
· Do not arrive more than 15 minutes early for appointment.
- Given limited space try to make alternative childcare arrangements.
· COVID-19 mitigation guidelines will be in effect to include social distancing and masks.
· Vaccine safety information will be available at the site, however material can be found on the FDA's COVID-19 Educational Resources Page.
· Complete required forms available on site.
· Once the vaccine is administered, individuals will need to remain in the vaccination area for 15 to 30 minutes depending on health history for observation.
· Bring your vaccination card to your second dose appointment.
Lost your Vaccine Card? Print your record from TRICARE Online or MEDPROS! (MEDPROS: Click for Electronic Immunization Record, COVID vaccine does not show on Immunization Dashboard).
Moderna Vaccine Facts
Effective in preventing COVID 94% (2nd dose)-across all demographics including participants with high risk or severe COVID-19.
· Approved for use by the FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for use in persons 18 years of age and older.
· Contains protein to generate immune response (mRNA) and lipid complex to aid in delivery into cells. Does NOT interact with our DNA.
· 2 shot series (minimum 28 days between doses).
· The vaccine is voluntary.
· If you had COVID, you should still get the vaccine.
· COVID-19 vaccine mRNA does not change your DNA.
· This vaccine cannot cause COVID-19 in you or your close contacts.
· Does not contain fetal tissue or preservatives.
· Vaccine is fragile and requires special storage and handling.
· Vaccine Adverse Reporting System (founded in 1990) will continue to monitor as it does with all vaccines. Reporting with the COVID-19 vaccine was made easier with an app.
COVID vaccination appointments are available to TRICARE beneficiaries ages 18 and up. For more information on COVID vaccinations visit https://tricare.mil/COVIDVaccine.