Stryker Brigade Arrives For RSOI Support
By PV2 Dana PughMarch 28, 2007
DAEGU, KOREA - 2nd Platoon, A Company, 1-27th Infantry Regiment from Schofield Barracks, Hawaii arrived at Daegu Air Base March 18 to participate in the Reception, Staging, Onward Movement and Integration exercise held annually by United States Forces Korea.The Stryker Brigade then moved to Rodriguez Range, where they will conduct platoon training until March 31, said William E. Hanlin, 19th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) exercise plans specialist.Two M1126 Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicles and three pallets arrived March 18, followed by two Strykers, one high mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle and two pallets which arrived March 19, said Hanlin. The Soldiers and equipment arrived on United States Air Force C-17 Globemaster aircrafts from Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii.
"A Stryker Brigade is a basic infantry unit with a new "truck" to get us to the fight," said Maj. Adelaio Godinez, 25th Infantry Division. "This is the first time we have deployed from Hawaii, and it's exciting for us."The Stryker Brigade is deployed to Korea for the USFK exercise and to conduct platoon gunnery and squad live fire exercises at Rodriguez range, said Brig. Gen. Raymond V. Mason, 19th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) commanding general. This event demonstrates the United State's continued support to the Republic of Korea.
"We wanted to display Stryker forces coming from Hawaii to show that we still have the flexibility and capability to defend our alliance partners," said Mason.
- September 10, 2020‘Man Down! Man Down! Man Down!’ Repetitive battle drill rehearsal saves lives
- September 10, 2020Hawaii Guard recon COVID testing conducted on freeway
- September 10, 2020599th Trans. Bde., partners upload 25th ID for JRTC
- September 8, 2020Soldiers drill medical logistics procedures, readiness in event of conflict in Korea
- September 3, 2020Headquarters dedication heralds arrival of Army Cyber operations at Fort Gordon
- September 3, 2020ANAD, GDLS complete first ‘rolling chassis’ Strykers
- September 2, 2020USARPAC holds virtual Best Warrior Competition 2020
- September 1, 2020Developing Leaders: 2SBCT Prepares Young Officers for Leadership Roles
- September 1, 2020Corps continues march toward diversion completion
- August 31, 2020Fort Hood Independent Review Committee members arrive at Fort Hood
- August 30, 2020Eighth Army Soldiers compete in USARPAC Best Warrior Competition
- August 27, 2020Exercise tests 95th Medical Detachment’s readiness, builds emergency blood donor pool
- August 19, 20202SBCT Leaders Conduct Stryker Orientation Training
- August 13, 2020Class of 2024 marches back after CBT like none before