Stryker Brigade Arrives For RSOI Support
By PV2 Dana PughMarch 28, 2007
DAEGU, KOREA - 2nd Platoon, A Company, 1-27th Infantry Regiment from Schofield Barracks, Hawaii arrived at Daegu Air Base March 18 to participate in the Reception, Staging, Onward Movement and Integration exercise held annually by United States Forces Korea.The Stryker Brigade then moved to Rodriguez Range, where they will conduct platoon training until March 31, said William E. Hanlin, 19th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) exercise plans specialist.Two M1126 Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicles and three pallets arrived March 18, followed by two Strykers, one high mobility multipurpose wheeled vehicle and two pallets which arrived March 19, said Hanlin. The Soldiers and equipment arrived on United States Air Force C-17 Globemaster aircrafts from Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii.
"A Stryker Brigade is a basic infantry unit with a new "truck" to get us to the fight," said Maj. Adelaio Godinez, 25th Infantry Division. "This is the first time we have deployed from Hawaii, and it's exciting for us."The Stryker Brigade is deployed to Korea for the USFK exercise and to conduct platoon gunnery and squad live fire exercises at Rodriguez range, said Brig. Gen. Raymond V. Mason, 19th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) commanding general. This event demonstrates the United State's continued support to the Republic of Korea.
"We wanted to display Stryker forces coming from Hawaii to show that we still have the flexibility and capability to defend our alliance partners," said Mason.
- April 2, 2020Hawaii National Guard ready for COVID-19 response
- April 1, 2020Chalk the Walk: Spreading joy through art
- April 1, 2020FOXHOLE TO FOUR STAR
- March 30, 2020Team provides combat support to Army Soldiers overseas
- March 30, 2020California Guard medical unit deep in the COVID-19 fight
- March 27, 2020Redeploying units under quarantine at North Fort Hood
- March 27, 2020Fort Leonard Wood units implement precautionary measures, mitigation protocols
- March 26, 2020Corps goes virtual to recognize top Pacific employees while social distancing
- March 23, 2020Michigan Guard civil support team leads to safer communities
- March 20, 2020Department of Defense tests hypersonic glide body
- March 20, 2020U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, CNMI sign agreement for Saipan Beach Road Storm Damage Reduction study
- March 20, 2020U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Guam sign feasibility cost-share agreement for Agana River study
- March 20, 20209th Mission Support Command Deputy Surgeon Saves a Life during a 7-Hour Flight Oversees
- March 16, 2020Pacific Pride Soldiers Planning to Promote Preventative Health in Palau
- March 16, 2020Exercise Defender-Europe 20 update
- March 12, 202025th ID crowns Best CBRN Warrior