WASHINGTON – As of March 8, approximately 950 U.S. Army Soldiers are providing support at community vaccination centers in Illinois, New Jersey, Texas, California, Florida and St. Thomas. The Soldiers, along with members of the Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps, are supporting U.S. Army North and U.S. Northern Command, the combatant command overseeing joint military assistance to state-run, federally supported community vaccination centers across the nation and in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
U.S. Army personnel providing vaccination support include:
- 222 Soldiers from Fort Carson, Colorado, are supporting the CVC at California State University, Los Angeles.
- 139 Soldiers from Fort Riley, Kansas, are supporting the CVC at Fair Park Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas, Texas.
- 23 Soldiers from Fort Campbell, Kentucky, are supporting the CVC at the First Baptist Church of Lincoln Gardens in Somerset, New Jersey; and the CVCs at Calvary Baptist Church and the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, both in Paterson, New Jersey.
- 25 Soldiers from Fort Campbell and Fort Carson are supporting CVCs at Iglesia Pentecostal Church and Trenton Central High School, both in Trenton, New Jersey, and the CVC at BB&T Pavilion in Camden, New Jersey.
- 23 Soldiers from Fort Bliss, Texas, Fort Campbell and Fort Carson are supporting a CVC at Thomas G. Dunn Sports Center in Elizabeth, New Jersey, and the Maureen Collier Senior Center in Jersey City, New Jersey.
- 139 Soldiers from Fort Campbell are supporting the CVC at Valencia College West Campus in Orlando, Florida.
- 139 Soldiers from Fort Riley are supporting the CVC at Miami Dade Community College (North Campus) in Miami.
- 24 Soldiers from Fort Bliss and various U.S. Army Medical Command locations are supporting a CVC at the University of the Virgin Islands campus on St. Thomas.
- 222 Soldiers from Fort Campbell are deployed to Chicago and will be supporting the CVC at the United Center.
For additional information on DoD community vaccination center support, contact the U.S. Army North Public Affairs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-428-9835.