WHINSEC Commandant honored by the Peruvian Army.
By Milton Mariani RodriguezJanuary 25, 2021
"The job of defending this hemisphere is ours. It does not belong to any single country or force. Our work together is beaming on what is a very complicated world right now," - John Dee Suggs Jr.FORT BENNING, GA – Recently, Col. John D. Suggs Jr. was presented the Peruvian Army Medal during a virtual ceremony between the Institute and the Peruvian Embassy in Washington D.C.Brigade General Manuel E. Risco, defense attaché at the Peruvian Embassy in Washington D.C. presented the medal on behalf of Commanding General of the Peruvian Army, General Jorge O. Céliz Kuong to COL John Dee Suggs Jr.The Peruvian Army Medal was presented to Suggs for his sustained support throughout the years to Peruvian Army men and women.During his remarks Suggs commented, “I really cannot stress enough how honored I am to receive this honor. This honor is awarded to me, but I am aware that the things that led to this honor, I did not achieve alone. I would like to receive this honor on behalf of all the Peruvian and American officers who worked with me.”“Shoulder to shoulder I worked with my brothers and sisters to solve complicated problems, seeking solutions and efficiencies in support of the Peruvian Army, defender of the Peruvian people, to be more capable in their work for Peru,” he concludedRisco remarked, “The medal that you have on your chest bears the figure of our colonel and patron of the army, Colonel Francisco Bolognesi Cervantes. Bolognesi, immolated himself at the Morro de Arica, raising the dignity of an entire nation. With his famous phrase, "I have sacred duties to fulfill and I will fulfill them until the last cartridge is burned," he leaves us the legacy that we must make all our effort in any mission that is assigned to us with dignity and love for our country.”The medal is granted on the grounds of Meritorious Acts for the benefit of the Army. It is bestowed to personnel who have made significant contributions to the Institution, thereby supporting the Peruvian Army Command's achievement of its objectives.
- May 19, 2020Oro Valley resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- April 26, 2020Statement from the Secretary of the Army, Honorable Ryan D. McCarthy
- March 5, 2020Howard resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- March 5, 2020Shreveport resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- March 5, 2020Madison resident selected as Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- September 25, 2019Army announces proposed changes to eligibility criteria for burial at Arlington National Cemetery
- September 12, 2019New Civilian Aides to the Secretary of the Army invested
- September 12, 2019Pentagon Hall of Heroes Induction Ceremony for Lt. Col. Charles S. Kettles
- September 12, 2019Signal regiment honors Hollywood director
- September 12, 2019Army announces Oregon Guardsman to receive Soldiers Medal: Specialist subdued gunman on Paris-bound
- September 12, 2019McHugh orders benefits be provided to Purple Heart recipients