1. On the last weekend in December this year, whether you plan to celebrate; Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, Hanukkah, Christmas, Winter Solstice, or simply plan to take time off with your family, you will surely celebrate it differently than you have ever celebrated it before. Please remember while most of us have many things to celebrate, including the possibility of a vaccine that should end or at least reduce the threats we currently face from this pandemic, many are less fortunate. Keep these souls in your thoughts and prayers. If you're able to positively influence their lives, please do so.
2. CSM Chaplin and I want all team members of 8th Theater Sustainment Command to remain vigilant at all times to protect the readiness and safety of the force. Ensure you and all your Ohana are adhering to State and military guidance for mitigating the COVID-19 threat. Soldiers and families are urged to stay home and minimize unnecessary social contact. If venturing out, ensure you practice proper hygiene, wear protective masks, practice social distancing, and remember that non-mission essential social gatherings exceeding 5 people are prohibited.
3. Every member of the 8th TSC Team should make certain that we, along with our battle buddies are adhering to the Army Values. Personal injuries from physical training, private motor vehicles and motorcycle mishaps continue to occur and continue to cause unacceptable losses. Follow the rules of the road, wear your seatbelt while operating a motor vehicle and wear personal protective equipment while operating a motorcycle. Remember, the importance of these verbal contracts cannot be overstated, so speak with your Soldiers. "Click it or ticket!" Speeding is the number one killer of Soldiers across the Army - obey speed limits. If you're going to drink, even one alcoholic drink, don't drive, period - have a Designated Driver. First-line supervisors will talk one-on-one with their Soldiers about their planned activities. You can find thousands of K. I. S. S. Safety Tips covering Airports to ZipLines on the front page of 8th TSC NIPR portal or at
4. We want the 8th TSC team to maintain a safe and sound balance between work and off-duty/family time. Have a safe, enjoyable and meaningful holiday! SUSTAIN THE FORCE!
5. The proponent for this memorandum is the 8th TSC Safety office, Mr. Tim Ah Young-Shelton at (808) 787-1 080 or timothy. r.ahyoung-shelton. firstname.lastname@example.org.