Susan D. Tigner, has been a member of the Senior Executive Service since October 2007. She currently serves as the Executive Director, Army Headquarters Services, Office of the Administrative Assistant, Headquarters, Department of the Army. Ms. Tigner assumed her position on 30 April 2018. As Executive Director, Ms. Tigner is responsible for directing a field operating agency that provides administrative support services to DoD activities primarily in the National Capital Region, but that extends worldwide in many instances. These activities include a full range of garrison and installation support typically found at posts, camps, stations, and major commands. Ms. Tigner exercises full responsibility for the development, implementation, and coordination of comprehensive programs in the areas of visual information services; printing and publishing; executive travel and transportation; space and building management; records management and declassification, including Privacy and Freedom of Information Act services; security and safety; and executive dining. With an annual operating budget of $229 million and a staff of over 500 employees, the Executive Director, Army Headquarters Services provides services responsive to the needs of the Army and DoD's most senior management officials.
· Oct 2011– April 2018: Deputy General Counsel (Ethics & Fiscal), Office of the General Counsel, Headquarters, Department of the Army, Washington, DC (Tier 2 SES)
· Oct 2007 – Oct 2011: General Counsel, Department of Defense Missile Defense Agency, Washington, DC (Tier 2 SES)
· Jul 2003 – Oct 2007: Associate General Counsel (Acquisition & Logistics), Department of Defense, Office of General Counsel, Washington, DC
· Jul 2001 – Jul 2003: Chief, Contract Law Division, Headquarters, United States Army, Europe, Office of the Judge Advocate, United States Army, Europe
· Aug 1999 – Jul 2001: Assistant to the General Counsel, Office of the Secretary of Army, Office of the General Counsel, Washington, DC
· Aug 1998 – Aug 1999: Branch Chief, United States Army Legal Services Agency, Contract Appeals Division, Arlington, VA
· Jun 1996 – Aug 1998: Deputy Command Counsel, United States Army Contracting Command, Europe
· Jan 1986 – Dec 1995: Various military assignments with the United States Army Judge Advocate Generals Corps.
· Mar 1981 – Mar 1983 – Military Police, Headquarters, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, CO
· J.D., College of Law, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (1985)
· B.A., Sociology, (High Honors), University of Florida, Gainesville, FL (1979)
· LL.M, Military Law (Government Contracts Specialty) The United States Army Judge Advocate General's School, Charlottesville, VA (1994)
· Command and General Staff College (nonresident), Fort Leavenworth, Kansas (1987)
· Admitted to practice:
o United States Supreme Court