GRAFENWOEHR, Germany — With Halloween just days away and traditional door-to-door festivities cancelled due to COVID-19, one of the alternatives deemed low risk by the Center for Disease Control Prevention (CDC) includes enjoying a Halloween themed movie night with your family. If you are struggling for ideas, listed below are several holiday themed movies that adults and kids can enjoy, either alone or together as a family.
Movies for adults (18+) both classic and modern include:
- “Alien” directed by Ridley Scott
- “The Evil Dead” directed by Sami Raimi
- “The Shining” directed by Stanley Kubrick
- “A Nightmare on Elm Street” directed by Wes Craven
- “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” directed by André Øvredal
- “Us” directed by Jordan Peele
- “Sinister” directed by Scott Derrickson
Movies that the whole family can enjoy can include:
- “Monster House” directed by Gil Kenan
- “Corpse Bride” directed by Tim Burton and Mike Johnson
- “Scooby-Doo and the Witch’s Ghost” directed by Jim Stenstrum
- “Goosebumps” directed by Rob Letterman
- “Hotel Transylvania” directed by Genndy Tartakovsky
- “The Addams Family” directed by Conrad Vernon and Greg Tiernan (animated)
No movie night is complete without snacks! Be sure to check out this article for festive snack ideas and additional low-risk alternatives to enjoying the holiday.
Editor’s Note: Due to Covid-19, it may not be the Halloween everyone is used to, but that does not mean it cannot be fun and enjoyable. Follow this #HalloweenAtTheHouse series for tips, tricks and cultural facts pertinent to USAG Bavaria to make your October 31st spooktacular!