WHINSEC Forges New Ground
By Milton Mariani RodriguezOctober 13, 2020
For the first time , since its activation, the Institute says "PRESENTE" (present) at the premier event for the U.S. Army, the world-renowned Annual AUSA meeting and exposition.FORT BENNING, GA - This year has been full of adjustments; innovative procedures, and for the Institute to go where it have never been before.As the COVID-19 pandemic lingers in the U.S., the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) moved their annual meeting and exposition to virtual platform. This proved to be a golden opportunity for WHINSEC.AUSA was established on July 5, 1950. A nonprofit educational and professional development association is serving America's Army and supporters for a strong national defense. AUSA provides a voice for the Army, supports the Soldier, and honors those who have helped advance its security. AUSA conducts the largest three-day land power exposition and professional development in North America. AUSA accomplishes this throughout the entire event by providing informative and relevant presentations of the state of the Army. By moderating panel discussions and seminars on pertinent military and national security subjects.This year, the Association decided to continue moving forward, virtually."We are ready to be part of this epic event. This is an extraordinary opportunity for WHINSEC to be highlighted within the Army community," stated Adela G. Duncan, WHINSEC Director of Communications and Outreach Directorate.During the four-day virtual event, 13-16 OCT, WHINSEC will be at the Combined Arms Center booth, part of the U.S. Army pavilion of exhibits."Working with our higher headquarters, the Army University, and Army Combined Arms Center, we were selected to showcase two essential aspects of WHINSEC,” added Duncan. The Institute will display two videos. The first is titled, "This is WHINSEC," where visitors may see all the Institute's educational and training opportunities. Additionally, a second video, "Forging Partnerships," which goes into detail the agreement signed between WHINSEC and 1st Security Force Assistance Brigade to share talent and information. This collaboration also benefits the U.S. SOUTHCOM Area of Operation partner nations.Visit us at the virtual AUSA Annual Convention. Registration is required to gain access. Visit: https://meetings.ausa.org/annual/Attendee_Registration.cfm.
- December 11, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | U.S. Army Strategic Narrative
- November 5, 2020Secretary of the Army appoints four new civilian aides
- September 8, 2020Army to host the first xTech 3 Summit, a premier technology showcase across the U.S.
- September 3, 2020Readout of Army Senior Leaders Meeting with Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- August 20, 2020Secretary of the Army appoints six new civilian aides
- August 17, 2020Fort Hood independent review committee members sworn in
- May 28, 2020Secretary of the Army appoints three new civilian aides
- April 1, 2020U.S. Army medical research institute continues work on coronavirus
- September 12, 2019New Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army invested