Looking for an Engaging Federal Career with One of The Partnership For Public Service’s Best Places To Work?
The U.S. Army Audit Agency is Seeking Entry-Level Auditors
Applications Accepted until 20 October 2020
How to Apply
Send your resume and transcripts (unofficial) to U.S. Army Audit Agency Recruiting email: email@example.com by 20 October 2020. Include the locations you’re interested in (see hiring locations below). Further information will be provided after your qualifications and eligibility are verified.
Who We Are
The U.S. Army Audit Agency provides independent internal auditing services for America’s Army. Our work helps senior leaders improve and shape the future of the Army. Through these internal auditing services, the Agency identifies risks and provides solutions to benefit Soldiers, Civilians, and Families. The Agency has ranked in the Top 5 of the Partnership for Public Service’s “Best Places to Work” for a record 7 years.
Competitive Salary and Exceptional Benefits
- See salary table below
- Non-competitive yearly promotion potential to the GS-12 journey grade level
- Health & life insurance and retirement benefits
- Sick and vacation leave
- Telework and flexible work schedules
- Challenging and rewarding work and a focus on professional development
Eligibility & Qualifications - GS-0511-07 Auditor
Degree: Completed or will complete by June 2021, at least a bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or public administration that includes 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. See additional qualifications at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0500/auditing-series-0511/
In addition, you must meet ONE of the following:
- Superior Academic Achievement: 1) Standing in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision; (2) Grade point average of 3.0 out of a 4.0 overall or during the final 2 years of the curriculum; (3) Grade point average of 3.5 out of 4.0 in the major field overall or during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or (4) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
- Graduate Education: Completed one full year of graduate-level education in business administration, finance, or public administration.
Must be a U.S. Citizen; be able to travel up to 30% yearly; be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
2020 General Schedule Salaries At Hiring Locations (Annual Rates by Grade and Step 1; Starting: GS-07 Salary to Journeyman: GS-12 Salary)
- Aberdeen, Maryland - $48,670 to $86,335
- Detroit, Michigan - $47,492 to $84,244
- Fort Belvoir, Virginia - $48,670 to $86,335
- Fort Bliss, Texas - $43,251 to $76,721
- Fort Bragg, North Carolina - $44,944 to $79,725
- Fort Carson, Colorado - $43,933 to $77,931
- Fort Eustis, Virginia - $43,459 to $77,091
- Fort Lewis, Washington - $47,380 to $84,045
- Fort Meade, Maryland - $48,670 to $86,335
- Huntsville, Alabama - $44,705 to $79,301
- Rock Island, Illinois - $43,657 to $77,442
- San Antonio, Texas - $43,556 to $77,263
- St. Louis, Missouri - $43,885 to $77,845
Applicable locations are shown on the 2020 Locality Pay Area Definitions page: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2020/general-schedule/
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy. The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Reasonable Accommodation Policy. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly.