Inaugural Tour de Fort Sill set for Sept. 26
By Fort Sill Tribune staffSeptember 14, 2020
FORT SILL, Oklahoma (Sept. 14, 2020) -- The inaugural Tour de Fort Sill bicycle ride will be held Sept. 26, at Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area (LETRA). The event is open to the public and is hosted by Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR).Bicyclists can tour the post in 27-, 37-, or 48-mile recreational road rides that take them from LETRA around the post. All levels of riders are welcome; they can ride for as little or as long as they want, said Elizabeth Yoast, MWR marketing specialist.“We want the riders to experience the beauty of Lake Elmer Thomas and the rest of Fort Sill,” Yoast said.The cost of the tour is $25 per person, which includes a T-shirt.Registration can be done online at http://webtrac.mwr.army.mil/, by phone at 580-442-4601; or in person in Bldg. 4700, at the Financial Management Division on the first floor, said Faby Navarro, MWR Special Events coordinator.“Cyclists also will have the opportunity to register on-site, but we encourage pre-registration to ensure we have your selected shirt size,” Navarro said. Over 50 riders are expected.Check-in for the tour is at 6 a.m. at the LETRA Lodge, Bldg. 7451. The ride begins at 7 a.m. with staggered starts. The ride is untimed.All bicyclists must wear a helmet as per Fort Sill regulations. Five water/rest stations will be located throughout the tour.People who want to participate in the tour but who do not have DOD identification must get a pass through the Visitor Control Center. See https://sill-www.army.mil/vcc/.For more information, visit sill.armymwr.com.
- October 2, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Social Security Tax Deferral
- September 11, 2020Army Brain Operant Learning Technology competition accepting applications until Sept. 15
- September 8, 2020Army to host the first xTech 3 Summit, a premier technology showcase across the U.S.
- May 8, 2020Changes to the Army Talent Alignment Process 21-01 Winter Move Cycle
- April 13, 2020Army selects Anniston Army Depot for AMPV De-processing
- October 4, 2019Japan, U.S. Medics tackle realistic combat casualty care
- September 12, 2019New East Texas Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army Invested
- September 12, 2019September 2017 Nominative Sergeants Major Assignments
- September 12, 2019Milstein invested as new Civilian Aide to the Secretary of the Army
- September 12, 2019Gender barrier removed on future Army Ranger Courses