Major Albert N. Brown
By Lindsay GrantSeptember 3, 2020
2020 Hall of Fame InducteeCreighton University (1927)Major Albert Brown began his Army career while studying to be a dentist at Creighton University, where he was the captain of the university’s football and basketball teams. He graduated and commissioned in 1927 and was in private practice in dentistry until 1937, when he was called onto active duty in the midst of the Second World War.He was stationed on the Bataan peninsula in the Philippines, where Americans and Filipino prisoners of war walked nearly 65 miles across the peninsula. During the infamous march, Brown was subjected to torrid conditions for the time of the year, minimal rations of food and water and were regularly beaten to maintain the brutal pace demanded by captors. After three years as a POW and two years in an Army hospital, Brown was discharged as a Major. Before passing away in 2011 at the age of 105, he was the oldest living survivor of the Bataan Death March. His experience during the march and war was chronicled in the 2011 book, Heroes of the Pacific War: One Man’s True Story, by Kevin Moore and Don Morrow.About the Army ROTC Hall of FameThe ROTC Hall of Fame was established in 2016 as part of the ROTC Centennial celebration. The first class (2016) inducted 326 former ROTC Cadets who had distinguished themselves in their military or civilian career.The Hall of Fame honors graduates of the Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps who have distinguished themselves in military or civilian pursuits. It provides a prestigious and tangible means of recognizing and honoring Army ROTC Alumni who have made lasting, significant contributions to the Nation, the Army and the history and traditions of the Army ROTC Program.Read more about all 16 of the 2020 Hall of Fame Inductees.
- September 6, 2020Col. Keith George
- September 6, 2020Brig. Gen. Roderick R. Leon Guerrero
- September 6, 2020Lt. Gen. Eric B. Schoomaker
- September 4, 2020Lt. Gen. Thomas C. Seamands
- September 4, 2020Lt. Col. Frank Martin III
- September 4, 2020Col. Andrea Thompson
- September 4, 2020Maj. Gen. George Barker
- September 4, 2020ROTC instructors appreciate McCoy’s capabilities to support training
- September 3, 2020Major General Elder Granger
- September 3, 2020Col. Washington J. Sanchez, Jr.
- September 3, 2020The Honorable Dr. John Hillen
- September 2, 2020Jack Jacobs
- September 2, 2020Charles W. Davis