Effectively immediately, you can nominate a deserving Soldier or Marine and have them mentioned and possibly featured on PS Magazine’s website (https://www.psmagazine.army.mil). It’s part of PS’s effort to enhance readiness by publicly recognizing Soldiers and Marines who exemplify the highest standards of care for their assigned vehicles and equipment. As the title of the campaign suggests, these Soldiers and Marines take personal pride and ownership of anything and everything they’re assigned.
If you have a Soldier or Marine in mind, ask yourself these questions:
- Does the Soldier or Marine in your unit/organization take full and personal ownership of their assigned vehicle(s) and equipment?
- Do they complete all their preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) with pride?
- Do they follow the technical manual and other associated manuals and orders when performing maintenance and complete all required paperwork and documentation?
- Do they exhort their peers to do the same?
- Are they serious about being combat ready at all times?
If the answer is YES to all the above, then proceed to the PS Magazine website to learn more and complete the online nomination form. The link is:
Each month, beginning June 2020, all Soldiers and Marines nominated will have their names and units listed on the PS Magazine website. One Soldier and one Marine will be chosen at random to be featured in a short profile on the website that includes their photo. The drawing is random to prevent any concerns over the fairness of the selection process and reduce the administration burden of running a monthly selection panel. PS Magazine’s supervisory editor will contact the selectee's commander to verify he or she concurs with the nomination and endorses the recognition (unless the commander was the one to make the nomination in the first place).
If you have general questions for PS Magazine, specific questions about the “I Own This” campaign or otherwise wish to communicate with the staff, send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.