Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Germany scheduled to reopen June 15
By U.S. Army IMCOMMay 26, 2020
The Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Garmisch, Germany, is scheduled to reopen June 15 for eligible service members, their families and other authorized guests.The priority is reopening with health and safety at the center of operations, said officials with the Armed Forces Recreation Center Resorts, which operates the facility. Edelweiss Resort is required to follow host nation and military guidelines and will continue to monitor the situation for potential changes.Initially, Edelweiss Resort will accept reservations only from guests stationed in Germany. In addition, maximum occupancy will be limited to 50% of the lodge’s 258 rooms. Resort operators plan to expand eligibility to all authorized guests as soon as conditions related to COVID-19 permit.Upon reopening, some of the normal amenities and vacation services will be limited.Glass partitions have been installed at the front desk and key locations. Hand-sanitizer stations have been installed at all entrances and restaurants. Appropriate protective equipment has been provided to employees, and the staff have been trained on the new standards and expectations related to hygiene, cleanliness, social distancing and safety.Guests will be asked to bring their own masks for use in common areas and observe physical distancing guidelines. Officials also recommend that guests make purchases with a credit card or charge to their room to reduce cash transactions.“We are really looking forward to getting back to providing incredible vacation experiences for our service members and their families,” said Brian Borda, general manager of Edelweiss Lodge and Resort.“I am confident that our guests will be able to enjoy a relaxing vacation knowing we are doing everything to create an environment that puts health and safety at the front of everything we do,” Borda said.For the most recent information, visit EdelweissLodgeandResort.com.
- September 1, 2020Workers to repair storm-battered seawall at Destin Army Recreation Area in Florida
- August 27, 2020Summer PCS surge, pandemic make for strange bedfellows in Baumholder lodging facility
- August 25, 2020USAG Bavaria families bring Vacation Bible School into their homes
- August 21, 2020Hotel becomes home during COVID-19
- August 11, 2020Braddock Bay project complete, Area of Concern moves towards delisting
- August 7, 2020Traveling This Summer?
- August 6, 2020Air defense captain shares lofty ambitions
- July 31, 2020Rim Rock Resurrection
- July 27, 2020USAMRICD Welcomes Neumeier as New Commander
- July 23, 2020Fort Leavenworth's Vacation Bible School goes virtual
- July 20, 2020Fort Knox chaplains launch first-ever virtual Vacation Bible School
- July 10, 2020Was ist los in Franken? Golf courses and miniature golf
- July 1, 2020Bingo halls, Marne Bowling Center reopen to guests