On June 14, 2020, we recognize 245 years of defending and protecting America, and salute the generations of Soldiers who have answered the call to serve. No matter the challenges we face as a nation, America’s Army will always be there when needed.
Below is a list of this year's Army Birthday events. Note that many of these events are available to you virtually. The links to each virtual event can be found in the event descriptions. Check back as we get closer for updates and additional links.
MONDAY, 25 MAY
- Memorial Day Wreath-laying Ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery. Wreath-laying is a tradition that honors the service and sacrifice of our fallen service members and the legacy they left behind. You may watch a video of the ceremony here.
SATURDAY, 6 JUNE
- 76th Anniversary of D-Day. On June 6, 1944, in perhaps the most seminal battle of World War II, U.S troops stormed the beaches of Normandy, France, in the largest land, sea and air invasion in history.
MONDAY, 8 JUNE
- SMA 2.45-mile Run Challenge begins. Commemorate the 245th anniversary of America's First National Institution with a virtual 2.45-mile run challenge from the SMA. Check it out here.
WEDNESDAY, 10 JUNE
- 1900-2000 - *Virtual Event* - Twilight Tattoo. This event is a pre-recorded, live-action military tribute to the history of the Army featuring Soldiers from The 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) and The U.S. Army Band "Pershing's Own." This event will use elements from the 2019 Army Birthday Tattoo, and will include an introduction from an Army Senior Leader. You may watch it here, or on Facebook and YouTube.
FRIDAY, 12 JUNE
- 0630 - *Virtual Event* - Army Birthday Run. Commemorate the 245th anniversary of America's First National Institution with a virtual 2.45-mile run. This run will be conducted and prerecorded by the Military District of Washington, in coordination with The Old Guard. You may watch it here.
- 1000 - Cadet Command National Commissioning. This event will be livestreamed; you may watch it here.
- 1300 - *Virtual Event* - Army Cake-cutting and Reenlistment Ceremony. A traditional birthday cake-cutting and reenlistment ceremony will be held at the Pentagon. This event will be livestreamed; you may watch it here.
SATURDAY, 13 JUNE
- 0930 - USMA Graduation at West Point. This event commemorates the many accomplishments of our graduating class and acknowledges our nation’s future military leaders. Learn more about this event here. The graduation will be livestreamed on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
SUNDAY, 14 JUNE
- 1130 - *Virtual Event* - Army Birthday Wreath Laying at Arlington National Cemetery. Wreath-laying is a tradition that honors the service and sacrifice of our fallen service members and the legacy they left behind. This annual event will take place at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and will be livestreamed; you may watch it here.
- 1900 - *Virtual Event* - FLAGSHIP Event: "The Army at 245: A Tribute to America" - You may watch the video on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
THURSDAY, 25 JUNE
- 70th Anniversary of the start of the Korean War. Often referred to as "The Forgotten War," the Korean War was fought from June 25, 1950, to July 27, 1953. This day is dedicated to honoring all veterans of the Korean War, their Families, and especially those who lost loved ones in that war.
TUESDAY, 30 JUNE
- Army National Hiring Days begins. Army National Hiring Days is the first national campaign the Army is conducting with the goal of hiring 10,000 new Soldiers in three days, June 30-July 2. Join us to find your inner warrior! Those interested in Army opportunities can find them here.
THURSDAY, 02 JULY
- Army National Hiring Days ends.