By Walt KloeppelJune 25, 2009
We never want to hear about bloopers, trust me, I know - been there, done that at the Recruiter Journal. I read Soldiers cover to cover every month - an excellent publication for sure.
But I had to laugh at the photo on page six in the April issue.
It shows Jeremy Beales practicing archery. Well, he needs more practice and so does his coach standing behind him. Jeremy is holding the bow upside down! Which stands to reason why he's pinching the front of the arrow between his two fingers (as he has no arrow rest to lay it on, since his hand is wrapped around it) with the actual handle sticking above his hand.
Just wondered how many archers caught that one. I did, but then again I'm an editor, as well as an archery instructor.
Keep up the great work.
U.S. Army Recruiting Command
- May 23, 2018West Virginia National Guard Meets Native WV Col. in Afghanistan
- May 22, 2018Leaning forward: 167th TSC and DLA conduct key leader engagement
- May 22, 2018Maturity level, digital citizenships are key when deciding time for smartphone
- May 21, 2018Army Medical Maintenance Depots Enable Unit-level Readiness
- May 21, 2018Corvias solar panels brighten future of energy consumption at Fort Riley
- May 17, 20182-14 CALFEX
- May 15, 201825th ID cooks up chow for Tiger Balm 18
- May 14, 2018Workshops teach valuable skill, honor veterans with hand-sewn quilts
- May 10, 2018Nurses Week: Nursing and leadership go "hand-in-hand"
- May 10, 2018Lending a hand
- May 10, 2018Here ya go
- May 10, 2018Garrison conducts all hands meetings
- May 9, 2018Ready People to Hand off Ready 'Stuff'
- May 8, 2018Joint Earth Day Cleanup at Fort DeRussy Collects 45 Pounds of Trash
- May 8, 2018Honolulu District hikes Makapu'u Trail
- May 8, 2018'WE WILL COVER THE FRONT': 2-15th Cavalry activates at Fort Benning