By Walt KloeppelJune 25, 2009
We never want to hear about bloopers, trust me, I know - been there, done that at the Recruiter Journal. I read Soldiers cover to cover every month - an excellent publication for sure.
But I had to laugh at the photo on page six in the April issue.
It shows Jeremy Beales practicing archery. Well, he needs more practice and so does his coach standing behind him. Jeremy is holding the bow upside down! Which stands to reason why he's pinching the front of the arrow between his two fingers (as he has no arrow rest to lay it on, since his hand is wrapped around it) with the actual handle sticking above his hand.
Just wondered how many archers caught that one. I did, but then again I'm an editor, as well as an archery instructor.
Keep up the great work.
U.S. Army Recruiting Command
- March 20, 2019SOFA drivers in Japan prepare to pay annual road tax
- March 19, 2019Highly Effective
- March 19, 2019Teaching moment
- March 19, 2019Laugh it up
- March 19, 2019Taking a swing at it
- March 18, 2019Revised Dates for WSMR Prescribed Fire Scheduled for Northeast Range Area near Highway 380
- March 15, 2019Prescribed burning part of Jackson conservation efforts
- March 14, 2019Understanding archery and mental healing
- March 14, 2019Army Trials archery athletes honor coach Jessie White
- March 12, 20198th TSC hosting Logistics Training Team on GCSS-Army
- March 11, 2019Understanding the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- March 9, 2019Malaysian Armed Forces host Washington National Guard for Bersama Warrior
- March 7, 2019Military spouses can boost job skills with free finance certification
- March 5, 2019Culinary Arts Workshop to challenge the chops of 92Gs
- March 4, 2019U.S.Army Corps of Engineers, Tulsa District holds ranger training workshop and conference