By Walt KloeppelJune 25, 2009
We never want to hear about bloopers, trust me, I know - been there, done that at the Recruiter Journal. I read Soldiers cover to cover every month - an excellent publication for sure.
But I had to laugh at the photo on page six in the April issue.
It shows Jeremy Beales practicing archery. Well, he needs more practice and so does his coach standing behind him. Jeremy is holding the bow upside down! Which stands to reason why he's pinching the front of the arrow between his two fingers (as he has no arrow rest to lay it on, since his hand is wrapped around it) with the actual handle sticking above his hand.
Just wondered how many archers caught that one. I did, but then again I'm an editor, as well as an archery instructor.
Keep up the great work.
U.S. Army Recruiting Command
- June 23, 2019Athletes with Army archery team ready for Warrior Games, life
- June 21, 2019CECOM Leadership changes hands
- June 21, 20192ID/RUCD Soldier is USARPAC's Best Warrior, headed to Army
- June 20, 2019RSA civilians get first-hand look at 101st Airborne
- June 20, 2019eFP Battle Group Poland participates in local Polish-led MMA training project
- June 19, 2019Hainerberg School Age Center earns coveted four-year accreditation
- June 18, 2019Underneath the uniform:Fort Carson leader discovers inner perseverance
- June 15, 2019US Army Pacific Announces NCO and Soldier of the Year
- June 12, 2019Camp Zama library features books written at School Age Center
- June 11, 2019Fears and Family at Grenade Range
- June 5, 2019Service Members Offered Behavioral Health Services on Camp Arifjan
- June 3, 2019Sustainers Provide Water for 25ID During Lightning Forge
- May 7, 2019IRAHC conducts blessing of hands, last in current facility