Fort Rucker School Meal Program offers free meals during school closure
By Jim Hughes and DODEAMarch 20, 2020
FORT RUCKER, Ala. -- The Fort Rucker School Meal Program will offer free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch meals to all children up to age 18 starting March 23 and continuing as long as the schools remain closed.This program will be solely for the pick-up of meals – no meals will be consumed at the school. Children need not be students of Fort Rucker Schools to participate, DODEA officials said March 18.All meals will be offered Mondays-Fridays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lunch for one day and breakfast for the next day will be distributed at the same time. Meals will be served every day, Mondays-Fridays, excluding holidays, until schools reopen, including school calendar off dates, such as spring break and teacher training days.Children must be present to receive the meals, officials said. Children may also walk to the pickup site to receive meals without a parent present, as appropriate. As a reminder, students nor parents will have access to the school building during meal pick up.To receive meals, drive to the front entrance of the Fort Rucker Primary School, Bldg. 22210 on Artillery Road. Staff will distribute meals while people remain in their vehicles, officials added.All five components of lunch meals and four breakfast items will be served in accordance with the nutritional standards of the U.S. Department of Agriculture meal pattern. Menus may be found on the School Meals Program page at https://www.dodea.edu/FortRuckerES/meals.cfm.
- August 6, 2020NY National Guard distributes over 52 million meals
- August 6, 2020USAACE honors 'best warriors'
- August 5, 2020Summer Expo helps ready kids for school
- August 3, 2020HONORING SERVICE -- 5 Soldiers, 1 civilian retire at Fort Rucker quarterly ceremony
- July 31, 2020‘LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING’ -- Fort Rucker museum offers portal into Army Aviation history
- July 30, 2020Fort Rucker names new school LTG (R) Ellis D. Parker Elementary School
- July 28, 2020ABOVE AND BEYOND -- Fort Rucker thanks, honors 2019’s volunteers of the year
- July 22, 2020HERO’S MANTLE -- ACS specialist earns Army Safety Guardian Award
- July 21, 2020EFMP & ME -- DOD launches new online tool to help families with special needs
- July 20, 2020EAGLE RISING -- WOCC, MOAA induct 23rd member into distinguished society
- July 15, 2020SURVEY SAYS – Fort Rucker residents rate on-post housing ‘very good’
- July 13, 2020STILL SAFE, OPEN FOR BUSINESS -- Bats taking up residence in Fort Rucker Fitness Center no reason to shut down
- July 6, 2020Kansas National Guard packages 4 million meals and counting