DPG 2020 Commander's Reception
By Becki BryantMarch 11, 2020
The Commander of Dugway Proving Ground, Col. Scott Gould and his wife, Petra, hosted a Commander's Reception on January 16, 2020. The annual event offers an opportunity to meet with external stakeholders such as military and community leaders, elected officials, and local universities to welcome the New Year, celebrate Dugway's past achievements, and share future opportunities.
Col. Gould spoke of several key milestones Dugway achieved throughout 2019, including the beginning of non-traditional agent testing, the return of smoke and obscurants testing, ISO 17025 accreditation for the Chemical Test Division (CTD) and a 25 percent workload increase for the West Desert Test Center.
"Dugway Proving Ground has a great cohort of people who are doing great things in support of our warfighters," said Col. Gould during his remarks.
Various displays helped illustrate how Dugway completes its mission to empower the nation's warfighters against chemical and biological threats. Items such as protective masks, boots, gloves and suits, various chem/bio agent detectors, and a smoke-generating unit--all tested at Dugway Proving Ground--were on display along with unmanned aircraft systems, a biological production equipment used for identification training, and key testing fixtures such as the SMARTMAN.
At the end of the evening, Col. Gould thanked guests for coming to the reception, acknowledging that Dugway Proving Ground would not be successful without their support.
- January 12, 2021Army SHARP program assists victims with getting the help they need
- January 12, 2021Next Chapter of “What's Your Warrior?” Offers Deeper Look at Army Careers
- January 11, 2021DOD utilizes 3D-printing to create N95 respirators in the battle against COVID-19
- January 8, 2021101-year-old veteran survives two pandemics
- January 12, 2021Army to review discharges and status-upgrade procedures for behavioral health conditions
- January 8, 2021From homeless, to green, to gold: An Army officer’s humble beginnings
- January 11, 2021Soldier Volunteers Continue Holiday Tradition at Arlington National Cemetery
- January 11, 2021Army to lead new DOD strategy against drone attacks
- January 8, 2021DOD details National Guard response to Capitol attack
- January 8, 2021Updates to SHARP expedited transfer policy to reinforce 'people first' efforts
- January 8, 2021Connecticut WWII Veteran Receives Promotion, medals
- January 7, 2021Space company replaces communication system with portable alternative
- January 8, 2021Statement on the National Guard Response in the District of Columbia from the Secretary of the Army
- January 7, 2021Defense officials detail National Guard response to Capitol attack
- January 7, 2021What you should know about getting the COVID-19 vaccine
- January 7, 2021Australia native joins National Guard, becomes dedicated flight paramedic
- January 7, 2021New reserve parachute testing seeks to eliminate potential premature activations
- January 5, 2021Researchers help Soldiers find targets with augmented reality