DPG 2020 Commander's Reception
By Becki BryantMarch 11, 2020
The Commander of Dugway Proving Ground, Col. Scott Gould and his wife, Petra, hosted a Commander's Reception on January 16, 2020. The annual event offers an opportunity to meet with external stakeholders such as military and community leaders, elected officials, and local universities to welcome the New Year, celebrate Dugway's past achievements, and share future opportunities.
Col. Gould spoke of several key milestones Dugway achieved throughout 2019, including the beginning of non-traditional agent testing, the return of smoke and obscurants testing, ISO 17025 accreditation for the Chemical Test Division (CTD) and a 25 percent workload increase for the West Desert Test Center.
"Dugway Proving Ground has a great cohort of people who are doing great things in support of our warfighters," said Col. Gould during his remarks.
Various displays helped illustrate how Dugway completes its mission to empower the nation's warfighters against chemical and biological threats. Items such as protective masks, boots, gloves and suits, various chem/bio agent detectors, and a smoke-generating unit--all tested at Dugway Proving Ground--were on display along with unmanned aircraft systems, a biological production equipment used for identification training, and key testing fixtures such as the SMARTMAN.
At the end of the evening, Col. Gould thanked guests for coming to the reception, acknowledging that Dugway Proving Ground would not be successful without their support.
- June 4, 2020Army field experiments to incorporate commercial satellite constellations
- June 2, 2020Television reception in some military quarters set to change
- June 1, 2020PEO C3T welcomes new leader, Brigadier General Robert M. Collins
- May 28, 2020Army to host virtual technical interchange with industry
- May 26, 2020MilTICK makes testing kit optional for free mail-in Army Public Health Center program
- May 26, 2020Army’s C5ISR Center explores 5G capabilities
- May 22, 2020Aberdeen test center finds innovative ways to fight virus
- May 21, 2020CCDC Chemical Biological Center Strives to Become DoD’s Biomanufacturing Leader
- May 21, 2020Technology Transfer to Industry Brings Chemical Agent Protection a Big Step Closer to the Warfighter
- May 20, 2020‘Gateway to the Rock’ provides Soldiers clear, clean passage
- May 20, 2020New chem/bio detector faces test for six years
- May 20, 2020Rocket fuel test finds Dugway ideal