Honesty in official acts
By Susan Bennett, ANAD Legal OfficeMarch 5, 2020
ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT, Ala. -- As government employees, we are all expected to abide by standards of ethical conduct and be honest in all we do on the job. Commander's Policy Statement #6 Standards of Ethical Conduct states, "Trust is hard to earn, but easily lost."When depot employees send an email, communicate official business or sign official U.S. Government documents, they are under an obligation to tell the truth and accurately reflect their actions.For example, if an employee signs a form that states they inventoried an item, they must have inventoried the item and make sure the form accurately reflects the results of their inventory.Failure to do this creates loss of the trust of their supervisor.They may have also committed a criminal act, a felony (18 United States Code Section 1001). Penalties range from fines to imprisonment not more than five years, or both.Employees are also subject to disciplinary action under administrative procedures which range from informal discipline up to and including termination or removal.Employees are reminded of this obligation to ensure record systems are accurate and employee trustworthiness is maintained.
- May 28, 2020What you need to know about Lockout/Tagout
- May 28, 2020Lean in action: Cleaning, Painting, Finishing Div.
- May 28, 2020Memorial Day ceremony held at McClellan
- May 22, 2020Wheelock Fitness Center employees unveil anvil
- May 21, 2020NSSC EAP Program
- May 21, 2020Fingerprinting services help prospective employees move into system during pandemic
- May 20, 2020Time to Telework. How is it Working?
- May 20, 2020Let's Talk Telework
- May 19, 2020See-through masks benefit depot personnel
- May 18, 2020Beale Veterinary Treatment Facility employees help keep local family safe
- May 17, 2020Combat veteran’s transition from service to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- May 15, 2020Fort Jackson Soldiers reminded of ethical responsibilities
- May 15, 2020Expanded program aids military employees with job transfer opportunities
- May 15, 2020Depot artisans upgrade enduring fleet
- May 14, 2020Accountability vital to success for employees, ANAD