USFK first ladies visit Area IV, promote hiring initiative
By Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Dan Willoughby, AFN DaeguFebruary 14, 2020
USAG Daegu, Republic of Korea -- Mrs. Carolyn Tagalicud and Mrs. Connie Abrams, the first ladies of United States Forces Korea (USFK) leadership, visited Area IV Feb. 13.The visit included a meeting with Area IV spouses presenting a unique opportunity to voice needs, quality of life concerns and any improvements that could continue to make Korea the assignment of choice. One of the key topics they promoted was USFK's spousal hiring initiative."I want to reassure our military spouses that [USFK] is trying to make employment opportunities as easy as possible," said Abrams. "[USFK] is able to conduct non-competitive hiring for critical need positions here in Korea. If there is a vacant critical need position, and you meet the minimum qualification, you could be hired immediately."The hiring initiative was established to support military families DoD-wide, which factors into the "Assignment of Choice" initiative."Many of the things that make Korea the Assignment of Choice are related to the families," said Tagalicud. "We have great schools, great travel opportunities, cultural immersion opportunities, countless local events. On-post resources include the USO, child development centers, and more. There is a lot to do; you just have to look for it."The first ladies will spend the rest of the week visiting with spouses and service members around the peninsula, promoting effective communication and improvements to quality of life.
For more information about the Assignment of Choice and spousal-hiring initiatives, visit usfk.mil.Follow AFN Daegu on Facebook for news that affects you in Korea.
- March 27, 2020501st Military Intelligence Brigade Trains SHARP Ambassadors
- March 26, 2020Hire a Soldier Magazine - Issue 3
- March 25, 2020Soldiers take time to help homeless veterans
- March 25, 2020USAMMC-K plays key role in fight against COVID-19 in Korea
- March 25, 2020USAISEC expertise powers cutting-edge 2nd Infantry Division cyber operations center
- March 23, 2020Camp Zama’s new obstacle course provides Soldiers alternate PT option
- March 19, 2020Women’s History Month 2020: Valiant Women of the Vote
- March 17, 2020U.S. Army Personnel and Families arrive to Korea after Stop Movement
- March 17, 2020COVID-19 screening procedures are being conducted at all U.S. Army installations in South Korea
- March 16, 2020U.S. Army authorizes combat patch for service in Somalia
- March 12, 2020Camp Humphreys Provost Marshal awards "Officer of the Month"
- March 12, 2020Greywolf returns home from 9-month Korean rotation
- March 12, 2020American Forces Network highlights 403rd AFSB in Korea
- March 12, 2020FORSCOM FRONTLINE
- March 4, 2020THE U.S. ARMY AUDIT AGENCY IS SEEKING GS-0511-13 SENIOR AUDITORS