Army announces activation of additional corps headquarters
By U.S. ArmyFebruary 11, 2020
WASHINGTON -- The Department of the Army announced today the activation of an additional corps headquarters, called Fifth Corps (V Corps), which will be located at Fort Knox, Ky.The V Corps Headquarters will consist of approximately 635 soldiers, of which approximately 200 will support an operational command post in Europe on a rotational basis. The Corps Headquarters is projected to be operational by the fall of 2020."Combatant commanders know they can count on highly-trained and ready Army forces as they implement the National Defense Strategy around the world," said Gen. James McConville, Chief of Staff of the Army. "The activation of an additional Corps headquarters provides the needed level of command and control focused on synchronizing U.S. Army, allied, and partner nation tactical formations operating in Europe. It will enhance U.S. Army Europe and U.S. European Command as they work alongside allies and partners to promote regional stability and security."The establishment of V Corps enables the Army to fulfill requirements of the National Defense Strategy. It also supports a U.S. European Command request for increased command and control capability, and will support U.S. interests, allies and partners in the region.The V Corps' history dates back to 1918, when the unit was activated during World War I during combat in France. Later, it took part in the World War II D-Day invasion and liberation of Europe.Currently, the Army has three corps headquarters: I Corps, located at Joint Base Lewis- McChord, Washington; III Corps, located at Fort Hood, Texas; and XVIII Airborne Corps, located at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. V Corps will be the Army's fourth headquarters.For further information, contact Lt. Col. Robin Ochoa with the Office of the Chief of Public Affairs Media Relations Division at 703-545-7464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 6, 2020Military band creates memories with Stuttgart seniors
- August 5, 2020V Corps Headquarters (Forward) location announced
- August 5, 2020Michigan Guard conducts COVID-19 testing in Upper Peninsula
- August 5, 2020Air Defense dominates the USAREUR Best Warrior Soldier Category’ two years running!
- August 3, 2020Jackalope 6 reliquishes HHC command
- July 31, 2020US Army Europe European Best Warriors announced
- July 31, 2020ROC-H welcomes new leader
- July 31, 2020USAG Bavaria’s HHC welcomes new first sergeant
- July 30, 20204960th MFTB conducts Engineer Course Amid Pandemic and Hurricane
- July 29, 2020Bunker Barbecue, Picatinny’s newest eatery is popular option
- July 28, 2020July 22, 2020 - Commanding General Sends...
- July 27, 2020ISEC supports new construction for U.S. Army Europe in Poland
- July 22, 2020Medics, more train to save K-9s during combat
- July 22, 2020DEFENDER-Europe 2020 | Army Prepositioned Stock-2 Enables Dynamic Force Employment in Europe
- July 17, 2020Alaska District breathes new life into 1940’s-era headquarters building