Chaplains, religious affairs specialists get strength to build bonds at training event
By Cpl. Moon, Ji-hwanFebruary 7, 2020
The Eighth Army Chaplain Directorate conducted a "Strong Bonds Local Curriculum Certification Course" Feb. 4-7 at Camp Humphreys, South Korea.
The main purpose of the training session was to equip Eighth Army's various Unit Ministry Teams and individual chaplains with the skill to care for Eighth Army Soldiers and families more effectively at Strong Bonds or command-sponsored events.
Strong Bonds is a unit-based, chaplain-led program, which assists commanders in building individual resiliency by strengthening the Army Family. The core mission of the Strong Bonds program is to increase individual Soldier and family member readiness through relationship education and skills training, according to the Army.The topics covered during the session included families and couples communication and how they can deal with daily life challenges and conflicts that can arise during life in Korea."Happier marriages and relationships lead to happier Soldiers, and happier Soldiers are more focused and prepared for the work that needs to be done," said Chaplain (Capt.) Alex Ishchuk, 501st Military Intelligence Brigade, who was a facilitator for the week-long training session."We are very happy and excited to be able to provide this curriculum and training to our families here," Ishchuk continued. "We are also looking at partnering with the USO next month to facilitate this training in the Daegu area."Eighth Army has one of the largest collection of chaplains and religious affairs specialists in the entire Army, according to the directorate. They are available to Soldiers and family members. Anyone who needs to speak with one needs to simply talk to their chain of command.
- July 8, 2020Warrant officer finds camaraderie within cohort
- July 2, 2020AMC honors two Army leaders during change of command
- June 30, 2020Eighth Army to tackle racism, bigotry with swift action
- June 28, 2020A virtual chapel service with Chaplain (Maj.) Yan Xiong
- June 26, 2020Cyber battalion Unit Ministry Team wins INSCOM top UMT honors
- June 25, 2020It's really about a calling: Chaplain Colin Durham
- June 21, 2020A virtual chapel service with Chaplain (MAJ) Paul Lynn
- June 19, 2020Eighth anvil takes its place at entrance of Anvil Field
- June 14, 2020A virtual chapel service with Chaplain (Capt.) Pedro Acosta-Zapata
- June 10, 2020Guard chaplain helps troops with COVID-19 response
- June 10, 2020Chaplain Corps Message on Civil Unrest and How We Must Treat Each Other
- June 9, 2020Building on his vocals, SPC Wheeler show artistic passions during COVID19
- June 7, 2020A virtual chapel service with Chaplain (Maj.) Charles Gilbertson