AMCOM hosts Team Redstone's 2020 Center of Excellence -- Advanced Planning Briefings to Industry
By U.S. ArmyJanuary 28, 2020
REDSTONE ARSENAL, Ala. -- The U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command hosts Team Redstone's 2020 Center of Excellence -- Advance Planning Briefings to Industry (APBI), March 2 - 4 in the Bob Jones Auditorium.This year's theme, "Innovating to increase supply availability and reduce the warfighter maintenance burden," drives home a major priority for the command and the Army."One of the top priorities for the Army Chief of Staff and the Secretary of the Army is readiness," said Eric Lampkin, AMCOM's Ombudsman and the event coordinator. "It's about taking care of Soldiers and making sure they have the support needed for superior warfighting capabilities. We can't provide that support without industry collaboration."The annual event provides a forum for information exchange and discussion between industry, academia and Team Redstone government participants. The briefings focus on Team Redstone's core technical capabilities, acquisition needs and future opportunities. Redstone leaders and subject matter experts will deliver presentations that conclude with question-and-answer sessions.Along with the U.S. Army Materiel Command and AMCOM, other government agencies within a 50-mile radius plan to participate in the event.
Presenters/exhibitors include the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command; the Missile Defense Agency; the Program Executive Office for Aviation; the Program Executive Office for Missiles and Space; and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center.AMCOM's participation includes AMCOM headquarters; the AMCOM Logistics Center; the Security Assistance Management Directorate; the U.S. Army Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Activity; Corpus Christi Army Depot, Texas; Letterkenny Army Depot, Pennsylvania; and the Army Contracting Command-Redstone.
"The APBI gives our industry partners a look ahead at contract opportunities and allows them to plan resources to sustain and enhance our warfighting capabilities," said Lampkin.To register for this year's event, visit the APBI event registration site at https://conference.redstone.army.mil/For more information about the event, please email the APBI team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 256-842-9967.The U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command develops and delivers responsive aviation, missile and calibration materiel readiness to the United States Army in order to optimize joint warfighter capabilities at the point of need.
- September 11, 202094th AAMDC Soldiers display resilience during Covid-19
- September 10, 2020599th Trans. Bde., partners upload 25th ID for JRTC
- September 9, 2020CH 53K tests its power at U.S. Army Yuma Proving Ground
- September 8, 2020New policy addresses 3D parts for Army aircraft
- September 3, 2020Army rapid prototyping office unveils new headquarters
- September 2, 2020Ideas take flight at new CCDC Aviation, Missile Center lab
- August 31, 2020U.S. Army Aviation Museum features XH-40, 'helicopter that changed world'
- August 24, 2020Army awards Air Launched Effects agreements in support of Future Vertical Lift
- August 24, 2020U.S. Army Redstone Test Center hosts 23 summer interns during COVID-19
- August 24, 2020U.S. Army STAND-TO! | Army Space Operations
- August 20, 2020AMCOM G1 launches quick-glance job announcement site
- August 20, 2020Command urges workforce to answer coming climate survey, provide honest input
- August 13, 2020AMCOM creates board for diversity, inclusion matters
- August 12, 2020Missile delivery bolsters national security, NATO alliance
- August 11, 2020AMCOM sustains readiness, cultivates inclusion, tackles reporting challenges