1-9 CAV 'Headhunters' participate in trench clearing exercise
By Staff Sgt. Scott LongstreetJanuary 27, 2020
1-9 CAV 'Headhunters' participate in trench clearing exerciseBy Staff Sgt. Scott D. Longstreet, 241st Mobile Public Affairs DetachmentPABRADÉ, Lithuania- Soldiers from the 1st Battalion, 9th Cavalry Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division 'Headhunters', participated in a trench clearing exercise on January 15, 2020, in Pabradé, Lithuania.The ongoing training consisted of various teams moving across the range reacting to contact. Troop teams would then dismount from an M2A3 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle (BFV), and move to the location of the trench and proceed to clear any obstacles or enemies inside the trench.The 1-9 CAV used M1A2 Abrams and M113s, in addition to the Bradley.The 1st Battalion, 9th Cavalry Regiment, based out of Fort Hood, Texas, is currently in Lithuania in support of Atlantic Resolve.
- March 26, 2020Hire a Soldier Magazine - Issue 3
- March 20, 20201st Cav Div Shares Helpful Sources on COVID-19
- March 12, 2020Greywolf returns home from 9-month Korean rotation
- March 12, 2020AFC General Visits Aeromedical Research Laboratory
- March 11, 2020AMCOM town hall focuses on people
- March 11, 2020Virgin Island National Guard completes Observer Coach and Trainers course
- March 11, 2020Nine years later, Camp Zama Soldier reflects on taking part in 'Operation Tomodachi'
- March 10, 2020Marshall Center Cancels Two Resident Events as COVID-19 Preventive Measure
- March 9, 2020U.S. Army Reserve-Puerto Rico highlights contributions of female Soldiers
- March 9, 202045th Joint Culinary Training Exercise kicks off at Fort Lee
- March 4, 2020FLW AER campaign set to kick off March 11
- March 2, 2020Wagonmasters Join UMBC in Game-Day Tradition
- February 18, 20201-9 CAV Soldiers and European Allies Join Forces at CALFEX