By Mr. John Satterwhite (FORSCOM)January 16, 2020
FORSCOM FRONTLINE, Volume X, Issue 2:
● The top news item in the January 17, 2020 edition: 3rd Infantry Division unit loads vehicles for NTC rotation
● Senior Leader -- "One thing in particular about readiness you will see is us talking about the strategic aspect, force projection. So, getting the notification to a unit, getting them on an airplane, putting their equipment on a ship and being in position in a matter of days. And there's no greater testament to that than the 1st Brigade Combat team in the 82nd Airborne Division." -- Ryan D. McCarthy, Secretary of the Army
● This week's On Point: Army Civilian Corps Creed
● Modernization: Cav Soldiers reflect on APS-4 experience
● Meet Your Army: Spc. Sarah Acosta, tactical power generation specialist, Company F, 3rd Battalion, 319th Airborne Field Artillery Regiment, 1st Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, ensures a remote base in Uruzgan Province, Afghanistan stays powered.
● Information products from across the Army -- including:
-- Senior enlisted leaders with 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, recently participated in the brigade's first senior leader physical training competition on Fort Carson.
-- Soldiers from 1st Infantry Division (Forward) were recently presented awards in Poznan, Poland for their contributions towards the Atlantic Resolve mission.
-- Soldiers assigned to 11th Expeditionary Combat Aviation Brigade, recently returned to Fort Hood following a nine-month deployment to the CENTCOM AOR.
-- A Paratrooper assigned to 5th Squadron, 73rd Cavalry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division overcame cancer and months of treatment to deploy to Afghanistan.
-- Soldiers from 1st Cavalry Division, recently joined Lithuanian service members and civilians in the Road of Life and Death tribute run in Vilnius, Lithuania.
To see more, visit https://www.dvidshub.net/publication/issues/51401.