Newest Army AL&T magazine quest? 'Understanding Acquisition'
By Michael Bold, U.S. Army Acquisition Support CenterJanuary 13, 2020
FORT BELVOIR, Va. (Jan. 13, 2020) - Do you understand Army acquisition? It's not an easy subject to master. But at its essence, it's all about requirements. "The requirement is what we want to accomplish," says Dr. Bruce D. Jette, the Army acquisition executive. "It is what drives the acquisition system to give the Army the materiel it needs." The Winter 2020 issue of Army AL&T magazine attempts to tackle all aspects of Army acquisition, as well as myriad other topics. In this issue:• The Army has turned to other-transaction agreements to power its modernization efforts and to focus on products over process, and defense acquisition experts say the plan is working. See "A NEW ERA OF ACQUISITION."• Army contracting has swung from complex to streamlined to provide efficient and rapid acquisition in support of the Soldier. Read about how in "THE CONTRACTING PENDULUM."• In the first of a new series, "ON CONTRACTING," a look at how market research can be the basis for vigorous competition in Army acquisition, in "HOW TO CONVINCE THE ARMY TO GET WHAT YOU NEED."• The first in another new series examines how the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Command works in water and on land to lay the groundwork for multidomain operations in 2028. See "ENGINEERING THE THEATER."• From prize money to mentorship and collaboration, the xTechSearch competition is growing into something of an incubator for promising new defense and dual-use technologies. Read how in "MORE THAN A COMPETITION."• Software-defined networking could get Army's data moving faster. Learn how in "REDEFINING THE NETWORK."Army AL&T is built on contributions from the Army Acquisition Workforce. For more information on how to publish an article in Army AL&T magazine or how to submit a Faces of the Force nomination, go to https://asc.army.mil/web/publications/army-alt-submissions/ to see our writers guidelines, upcoming deadlines and themes.
- July 8, 2020Fort Campbell welcomes new contracting leader
- July 7, 2020First virtual APBI focuses on EAGLE contract
- July 7, 2020ACC-RI Interns support the JMTC FRS contract
- July 6, 2020Fort Polk’s MICC hosts change of command
- July 2, 2020MICC unit prepares mission partners for hurricane season
- July 1, 2020Wisconsin National Guard team delivers while deployed
- July 1, 2020Face coverings help prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019
- July 1, 2020MICC-Fort Polk command changes hands
- July 1, 2020ASA(ALT) Senior Leadership Organizational Chart
- June 30, 2020Acquisition writing competition empowers workforce, drives dialogue
- June 26, 2020922nd CBN contracts sanitizing service for mission partner
- June 16, 2020MICC-Fort Knox provides support to summer Army cadet training