USAMPS programs gain accreditation
By Mr. Brian Hill (Leonard Wood)December 19, 2019
The Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation Board granted accreditation to the U.S. Army Military Police School Military Working Dog Handler Course, Phase 1, and reaccreditation to the MP One Station Unit Training Nov. 7.
The accreditation certificates were presented to the regiment Dec. 18 at the MP Foyer.
"FLETA accreditation for USAMPS is important because by meeting FLETA's stringent institutional training standards, it puts our courses ... on par with other federal law enforcement agencies," said Col. Matthew Gragg, USAMPS director of training.
According to Gragg, the purpose of the MWD Handler, Phase 1, is to teach basic military police and military working dog military occupational specialty specific technical and tactical training necessary to be successful in the 31K management field in the operational environment of the Army. The course is 42 instructional days and consists of 297 hours of instruction. The average number of students per iteration of the program is 24.
The MP OSUT trains and educates future military police professionals to sustain the core competencies of the Military Police Corps Regiment. Its mission is to provide the operational force with trained, combat-ready military police Soldiers. The MP OSUT is 115 instructional days and consists of 876 hours of instruction. The number of students per iteration of the program is 200.
"FLETA accreditation contributes immensely to the professionalization of Army law enforcement as seen through the eyes of other federal law enforcement agencies," said Reginald Cole, USAMPS deputy director of training.
The FLETA board is the accrediting body for all federal law enforcement training and support programs. To achieve accreditation, agencies submit to an independent review of their academy and/or program to ensure compliance with the FLETA standards and procedures in the areas of program administration, training staff, training development, training delivery and distance learning.
- March 4, 2020Ceremony marks new chapter in corrections on JBLM
- February 27, 2020Gov. Lujan Grisham signs measure supporting military, military families in New Mexico
- February 20, 2020Vincent J. Faggioli inducted into the 2020 AMC Hall of Fame
- February 19, 2020Students visit MP company for history lesson
- February 18, 2020Fort Rucker's 6th MP detachment wins TRADOC military police unit award
- February 12, 2020BAMC Bariatric Surgery Clinic receives national recognition for care
- February 11, 2020LRMC upholds Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval
- February 11, 2020U.S. conducts historic training with Saudi policewomen
- February 10, 2020Magistrate court gets serious about missed court dates, seeks command help to enforce
- January 31, 2020Fort Knox law enforcement carrying Army's new sidearm
- January 30, 2020Cyber Policy team sweeps Texas Cyber 9/12 competition
- January 22, 2020Army updates Law of Land Warfare doctrine to increase guidance, clarity
- January 21, 2020BACH awarded Gold Seal, again, after Joint Commission's triennial review
- January 16, 2020Raising the Bar | Army Master Logistician Certificate Program offers accredited professional develop
- January 13, 2020OSHA Written Plans: Are you in compliance?