Prep your home for holidays
By Angela CamaraDecember 13, 2019
FORT HUACHUCA, Arizona -- The holiday season is upon us and whether you're traveling out of the area or enjoying the festivities closer to home, we've got some tips for #HUAHousing residents.If you're planning to be away from home for an extended period of time (more than a week), Mountain Vista Communities (MVC) asks that you appoint a trusted friend to check on your home and be sure to have someone care for your pets. You can provide MVC with the name and contact information for whomever will have access to your home while you're gone to better assist you in the event of an emergency.In addition, the Directorate of Emergency Services reminds residents to secure your household if you're going away. If you would like the Military Police to conduct checks of your residence while you are away, stop by the Military Police Station to provide us your address and travel dates.Safeguard those holiday packages by knowing deliver times or have them sent to a location where someone is available to receive it.Staying closer to home this holiday season? During the upcoming holiday school breaks, please plan accordingly with for routine service order requests. MVC technicians will not enter your home, even with Permission to Enter, if a child under the age of 18 is home alone. Remember to schedule work orders when you are able to be home while minors are present.You can take small steps to help your home "weather" the winter.
• Turn off exterior faucets and disconnect hoses. Water remaining in pipes could freeze and cause damage to your home and property. (In extremely low temperatures, be sure to set bathroom sinks to a slow drip to prevent pipes from freezing.)
• Set thermostats between 68o-74o
• Bring plants inside or cover to protect from the elements.
• Provide adequate shelter for any pets that are left outdoors. Please ensure they have plenty of water, and protection from the elements.MVC offices will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 24, Wednesday, Dec. 25 and Wednesday, Jan. 1. As always, you can reach a MVC maintenance technician at 520.458.5885 for housing emergencies.
- July 9, 2020Garages, balconies, rolladens coming to Baumholder housing
- July 8, 2020599th Trans. Bde., partners load out Hawaii Marines for PTA
- July 6, 2020Army Corps’ data driven to improve coastal projects - 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- July 2, 2020MICC unit prepares mission partners for hurricane season
- July 2, 2020Holiday Activities on Fort Huachuca
- July 2, 2020How to properly dispose of worn-out US flags
- July 1, 2020Do's and don'ts for displaying Old Glory
- June 30, 2020Fort Drum officials provide COVID-19 update, caution vigilance during holiday weekend
- June 29, 2020THE DROIDS YOU’RE LOOKING FOR
- June 25, 2020Enjoy a safe holiday
- June 24, 2020National Guard ready for hurricane season
- June 19, 2020Fort Knox Middle High School upgrading football team wall locker, athletics weight room
- June 17, 2020USAMRDC Leans on “Dynamic Duo” for COVID-19 Logistics Effort
- June 15, 2020North Carolina National Guard prepares for hurricanes