● The top news item in the December 6, 2019 edition: 4th ID unit returns from CENTCOM deployment.
● Senior Leader -- ""The National Guard is an integral part of the Joint Force, and we play an important role in every aspect of our national security and defense. It's an extraordinary force that has contributed more than 1.1 million individual overseas deployments since 9/11." -- Gen. Joseph L. Lengyel, Chief, National Guard Bureau.
● This week's On Point: Army Data Plan
● Modernization: Fort Polk UAS platoon sets standard.
● Meet Your Army: Spc. Adrian Thomas, combat medic specialist, 10th Headquarters and Special Troops Battalion, 10th Sustainment Brigade, 10th Mountain Division, rappels off a cliff during the Mountain Warfare Course on Fort Drum, N.Y.
● Information products from across the Army -- including:
-- The Secretary of the Army and Sgt. Maj. of the Army recently visited Fort Carson, Colo., to discuss Army initiatives and quality of life.
-- Authority for the NATO Resolute Support Sustainment Brigade was transferred recently between FORSCOM units in Afghanistan.
-- Soldiers from the 16th Military Police Brigade and firefighters from Fort Drum recently saved the life of an unconscious Fort Drum spouse.
-- Soldiers from the 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, recently participated in a Polish Independence Day Ceremony in Zagan, Poland.
-- Soldiers from the 3rd Infantry Division, were recently honored at a military appreciation football game by the Florida State Seminoles.
To see more, visit https://www.dvidshub.net/publication/issues/50517.