Letterkenny Munitions Center hosts The Joint Logistics Bilateral Forum Ammunitions Logistics Symposi
By Vanessa KuntzNovember 25, 2019
CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. -- Recently, Letterkenny Munitions Center (LEMC) hosted a two-day symposium which consisted of a group from the Singapore Armed Forces Ammunition Command (SAFAC), The Office of the Secretary of Defense, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Department of the Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army Joint Munitions Command and LEMC.On November 19, The group held an all-day symposium on the first day. Mr. Edward Averill, Deputy to the Commander, Letterkenny Munitions Center, provided an overview of the U.S. Ammunition Structure and how it correlates to the organization of LEMC. ME6 Garvin Rozario, SAFAC, discussed the SAFAC organization structure and the roles and responsibilities along with the Automated Supply Chain and Just In Time Manufacturing and Delivery.Other topics of discussion were Ammunition Surveillance and involvement in the Service Life Extension Program; Industrial System Engineering and the concept of the Ammunition Stockpile to reduce stockpile cost; Warehousing and use of smart technology with a discussion on training ammunition vending machines; Industrial/Military Collaboration with focus on the Ammunition On-Demand System; Training and the criteria for the certification process; National Explosive competency Standards & Audits; Demilitarization and Disposal; and Explosive Safety and addressed Safety Assessment load out criterial in crowded building areas due to the small size of SingaporeOn November 20, Mr. Averill concluded the visit with a tour of the Low Cost Reduced Range Practice Rocket Motor Facility; Ammonium Perchlorate Rocket Motor Thermal Destruction Facility and the Demolition RangeLEMC is located on Letterkenny Army Depot and is a Government-Owned, Government-Operated installation. LEMC conducts regional and global distribution of munitions, provides missile maintenance, and conducts demilitarization of munitions for the U.S. Army in support of Joint Forces and international partner nations.
- March 12, 2020DEFENDER-Europe 20 - Building Munitions Readiness to Provide Lethality that Wins
- March 11, 2020Soldiers Keep Munitions Readiness Moving at Crane Army
- March 10, 2020JMC Delivers Global Munitions Readiness with Logistics Initiatives
- March 6, 2020Modernization Focus Today for the Munitions of the Future
- March 5, 2020Cross-Functional Team looking at ways to speed up ammo supply
- March 5, 2020Hypersonic tests, modernization top Army budget request
- March 4, 2020Diversity and Inclusion -- the link to JMC's Strategic Success!
- February 28, 2020Army Civilian Dedicated to Supporting Crane Army Workforce
- February 26, 2020Strengthening Alliances through Co-Production
- February 25, 2020Additive manufacturing to provide Soldiers with cutting-edge munitions
- February 20, 2020Munitions Readiness in the Strategic Support Area Continues to Provide Lethality that Wins
- February 18, 2020JMC Expands Workforce Culture with MCRP Interns
- February 12, 2020JMC Collaborates with Strategic Leaders on Munitions Industry Study