Natick Soldier Systems Center hosts civic leaders at groundbreaking ceremony
By Ms. Vannessa Josey/USAG Natick Public AffairsNovember 19, 2019
NATICK, MA. -- The U.S. Army Soldier Systems Center, Natick and the U.S. Army Garrison-Natick hosted the Natick housing groundbreaking ceremony, Thursday morning.Representatives who are partnering in the construction project that will house 22 Army Soldiers and their families provided remarks during the event."Knowing that we are able to be a part of what Natick Soldier Systems Center does -- touching Soldiers every day," said John Tocci, chief enabling officer of Tocci Building Corporation in Woburn, Ma., "and that this is helping to continue to make our Army stronger as they concentrate on the great work they do without an added worry, gives this project of creating these homes an even greater project than we have done in all of our years.Each unit includes state of the art updates and upgrades to ensure each Soldier and his or family members are able to be comfortable and feel at home. The added ability of being close to an installation and accessibility to all the local community has to offer is always an important conversation had by military leaders.
Natick Soldier Systems Center Senior Commander, General Vincent Malone, spoke about the step to improve all Soldiers living communities and a sense of belonging."This housing initiative provides safe and healthy homes," said Malone. "Punctuated by the singular focus of the construction team: to deliver safe and quality housing to the Soldiers and families that choose to live here."This initiative is an important step in embracing our responsibility to take care of our Soldiers to increase readiness and lethality across the force, Malone continued to say.The preliminary site work has begun and will soon be ready for Soldiers to move in by late 2020 and completion expected late the following year."The work includes the design and construction of 22 family housing quarters, said Colonel William Conde, Army Corps of Engineers New England District Commander, "for fully functional residences anticipated to be complete by October 2021."The first Soldier resident will move in Fall 2020 to the new construction located at Heritage Lane, across from NSSC.
The Natick Soldier Systems Center conducts research, development, acquisition and sustainment to maximize combat effectiveness and survivability of freedom's defenders.
- April 1, 2020Civilian Personnel Advisory Center offers suggestions for ‘new landscape’ of telework
- March 29, 2020Detroit District to begin construction on alternate care facility
- March 27, 2020Fort McCoy DPW Housing Division dedicated to customer satisfaction
- March 27, 2020Soldier Center researcher is committed to optimizing Soldier performance
- March 25, 2020Life in quarantine: A family perspective on West Point
- March 24, 2020Jackson town hall addresses on-post housing concerns
- March 24, 2020DPW duo reduces barracks workorders
- March 20, 2020Arcadia flood risk management project study progresses
- March 20, 2020Soldier Center researchers attend all-important Soldier physical performance forum
- March 19, 2020FLW Homes suspends non-emergency work orders
- March 18, 2020PEO Aviation announces Future Long Range Assault Aircraft Awards
- March 18, 2020Camp Zama housing inspectors ensure safe, clean, comfortable homes
- March 12, 2020Trinity Site Open House Cancelled
- March 10, 2020Construction begins new era for NWRJCF
- March 6, 2020New military housing on the way at Monterey
- March 6, 2020Soldier Center footwear research engineer gives back at BEYA STEM Conference