Garrison recognizes Carabinieri for outstanding performance
By James BrooksNovember 19, 2019
VICENZA, Italy (Nov. 14, 2019) - Two SETAF Carabinieri officers received letters of appreciation from USAG Italy Garrison Commander Daniel J. Vogel on Nov. 13, for coming to the aid of a Soldier injured in an Oct. 5 robbery and their subsequent investigative work that led to the arrest of the criminals.
"I appreciate your support in protecting Soldiers and their families in Italy. Your actions after helping the Soldier to investigate and go after these bad people is not easy. I'm very proud of what you did," said Vogel.According to local news reports, SETAF Carabinieri opened the investigation after the assault and images captured on surveillance cameras led to the identification and arrest of three individuals. A hand gun, machete and 30,000 euros were found on the criminals when they were apprehended."It is standard procedures that when a Soldier or American is in trouble in the area, the SETAF Carabinieri respond immediately. We also conduct regular joint patrols with U.S. Army military police in town to ensure safety and security for the entire community," said SETAF Carabinieri Commander Italian Maj. Francesco Provvidenza.Soldiers and their families based in Italy have a great host nation partner "watching their back.""Our relationship with the Carabinieri is phenomenal. I appreciate their support and I can assure you, you have our support. It's a great partnership," said Vogel.
Editor's note: Names of the officers are not used at the request of the Carabinieri
- August 7, 2020Traveling This Summer?
- August 5, 2020Public Health Activity - Italy welcomes new Leadership
- July 23, 2020Army sponsorship program helps ease transition for Soldiers, Families
- July 23, 2020207th MIB-T thrives during response to COVID-19
- July 20, 2020USARAF welcomes Rohling in change of command ceremony
- July 13, 2020Total Army sponsorship helps ease transition for Soldiers and families
- July 8, 2020Vicenza Soldier recognized for contributions to performing arts
- June 25, 2020Garrison develops restriction of movement guide for new arrivals
- June 22, 2020Colorado National Guard assists with election cyber defense
- June 17, 2020Garrison Fire, Emergency Services hold vehicle extrication drill
- June 16, 2020Flora assumes CJTF-HOA command, reflects on USARAF role
- June 16, 2020Garrison launches new online appointment system
- June 15, 2020Warrior Transition Battalion prepares to take on new “SRU” designation
- June 12, 2020Most Senior wishes well to most Junior for 245th Army Birthday
- June 11, 2020USACE awards contract for historic Arlington Nation Cemetery Memorial Amphitheater cleaning, repointing