Gen. Joseph M. Martin, U.S. Army Vice Chief of Staff, gives a shout-out for OTC's 50th Birthday
By U.S. ArmyNovember 1, 2019
Gen. Joseph M. Martin, U.S. Army Vice Chief of Staff OTC 50th Birthday Shoutout gives a shout-out to the West Fort Hood, Texas-based U.S. Army Operational Test Command (OTC) for its birthday to help celebrate 50 years of Operational Testing since October 1, 1969.
Martin commanded OTC June 2012 -- April 2013.
Operational testing began Oct. 1, 1969, and as the Army's only independent operational tester, OTC is celebrating "50 Years of Operational Testing."
The unit enlists the "Total Army" (Active, National Guard, and Reserve) when testing Army, joint, and multi-service warfighting systems in realistic operational environments, using typical Soldiers to determine whether the systems are effective, suitable, and survivable. OTC is required by public law to test major systems before they are fielded to its ultimate customer - the American Soldier. (Video by Faith Quiroga, Video Editor, Army Multimedia & Visual Information Directorate)
- February 12, 2020593rd ESC sustains readiness at Warfighter Exercise
- February 12, 2020Support Command Soldiers prepping for Army Combat Fitness Test
- February 12, 2020Celebrating Black History Month at APG
- February 12, 2020Aviation Brigade practices "Fat Cow" fueling operation
- February 11, 2020Crane Army Works with Navy Partners in Annual Emergency Exercises
- February 10, 2020Lighting the Path for Future Sustainment Operations in the CENTCOM AOR:
- February 7, 2020NGB team facilitates innovation, launches competition
- February 6, 2020Order your Earth Day posters by February 21
- February 6, 2020Oregon Guard members learn the basics of hazardous operations
- February 5, 2020OSD advises service members against using DTC genetic testing
- February 3, 2020Refueling, rearming system tested by low-velocity air drop at Ft. Bragg improves readiness
- January 31, 2020Operation Courageous Defense prepares LRMC, 30th Medical Brigade for DEFENDER-Europe 20
- January 31, 2020Fort Jackson honors Dr. King's legacy
- January 29, 2020New Battalion Satellite Communications Operations Center, Fully Operational on Fort Carson
- January 27, 202062nd Airlift Wing to Use Giant Voice System