Gen. Joseph M. Martin, U.S. Army Vice Chief of Staff, gives a shout-out for OTC's 50th Birthday
By U.S. ArmyNovember 1, 2019
Gen. Joseph M. Martin, U.S. Army Vice Chief of Staff OTC 50th Birthday Shoutout gives a shout-out to the West Fort Hood, Texas-based U.S. Army Operational Test Command (OTC) for its birthday to help celebrate 50 years of Operational Testing since October 1, 1969.
Martin commanded OTC June 2012 -- April 2013.
Operational testing began Oct. 1, 1969, and as the Army's only independent operational tester, OTC is celebrating "50 Years of Operational Testing."
The unit enlists the "Total Army" (Active, National Guard, and Reserve) when testing Army, joint, and multi-service warfighting systems in realistic operational environments, using typical Soldiers to determine whether the systems are effective, suitable, and survivable. OTC is required by public law to test major systems before they are fielded to its ultimate customer - the American Soldier. (Video by Faith Quiroga, Video Editor, Army Multimedia & Visual Information Directorate)
- January 13, 2020Army Reserve Soldier reflects on accomplishments of first combat tour
- January 13, 2020Streaked horned larks take advantage of JBLM's open spaces
- January 10, 2020NY National Guard Soldiers train for new fitness test
- January 10, 2020New York Guardsmen train for Army's new combat fitness test at home
- January 10, 2020Soldier feedback shaping new technologies for the Army
- January 9, 2020WSMR Cold War Tour
- January 9, 2020Texas college students explore government job options with equipment testing unit
- January 9, 2020USMA cadet shows resiliency, determination by running IOCT twice in one day
- January 9, 2020Army test experts identify five missteps in requirements development
- January 8, 2020Updated onboarding course format gives new FLW employees head start
- January 2, 2020Exercise tests Army Medical Logistics ability to support wartime mission
- January 1, 2020New entrance test to increase Soldier quality, reduce attrition
- December 30, 2019ISEC Serves as the Army's Distributed Testing Lab
- December 17, 2019Soldier Center's all-important flame and thermal testing capabilities just got even better