Army Updating Maintenance Policy, Releases Advance Guidance
By U.S. ArmyNovember 5, 2019
The Army is updating policy in order to reduce unnecessary maintenance services and return valuable time to units. The Army is in the process of creating training materials now and is expected to publish implementation guidance about the policy by early next year. Soldiers can learn more about the new policy by referring to the latest HIP-POCKET GUIDE, which was included in the Fall edition of Army Sustainment Magazine (to download a printable version of the GUIDE, go to the following web address: https://alu.army.mil/alog/hippocketguide.pdf).
The Army G-4 prepared the HIP-POCKET GUIDE in order to give logisticians and commanders advance notice of policy changes that will be implemented in the months to come. As explained in the HIP-POCKET GUIDE, equipment is now maintained based on maintenance plans developed for wartime or high usage times. However, majority of equipment is not currently engaged in such operations and may not need to be serviced as frequently.
The two-page HIP-POCKET GUIDE states that continued high levels of readiness can be achieved using significantly fewer resources. It points out how vehicle service intervals can be aligned to actual usage rather than predetermined times.
Soldiers can download the guide and use it as a quick reference resource ahead of the policy announcement about non-combat operation maintenance plans.
- March 19, 2020FLW Homes suspends non-emergency work orders
- March 19, 2020Commissary adjusts shopping limits, other changes during COVID-19 pandemic
- March 18, 2020Army budget request targets readiness
- March 12, 2020Showing the way
- March 6, 2020Fort Drum Survivor Outreach Services to issue new digital access cards for eligible members
- March 5, 2020Industrial hygienist brings purpose, passion to Belvoir housing mission
- March 5, 2020Employee Shoutout-New Chief of Maintenance Engineering for the Little Rock District
- March 4, 2020Army Medical Logistics Command hosts first medical maintenance exercise
- March 2, 2020AFC, AITF support DOD's ethical principles for AI
- February 27, 2020Aviation forum hits readiness, maintenance target
- February 26, 2020Aviation Maintenance Technician Promoted to Chief Warrant Officer 4
- February 25, 2020Camp Zama Self-Help Stores maintain useful inventory for housing residents
- February 25, 2020Army medical maintenance teams support National Guard
- February 25, 2020Army medical maintenance teams provide 'invaluable' support to National Guard
- February 24, 2020Fort Knox officials urge residents to be mindful of pet policies
- February 12, 2020BAMC marks milestone with 100th hip preservation surgery for adult hip dysplasia