Army Updating Maintenance Policy, Releases Advance Guidance
By U.S. ArmyNovember 5, 2019
The Army is updating policy in order to reduce unnecessary maintenance services and return valuable time to units. The Army is in the process of creating training materials now and is expected to publish implementation guidance about the policy by early next year. Soldiers can learn more about the new policy by referring to the latest HIP-POCKET GUIDE, which was included in the Fall edition of Army Sustainment Magazine (to download a printable version of the GUIDE, go to the following web address: https://alu.army.mil/alog/hippocketguide.pdf).
The Army G-4 prepared the HIP-POCKET GUIDE in order to give logisticians and commanders advance notice of policy changes that will be implemented in the months to come. As explained in the HIP-POCKET GUIDE, equipment is now maintained based on maintenance plans developed for wartime or high usage times. However, majority of equipment is not currently engaged in such operations and may not need to be serviced as frequently.
The two-page HIP-POCKET GUIDE states that continued high levels of readiness can be achieved using significantly fewer resources. It points out how vehicle service intervals can be aligned to actual usage rather than predetermined times.
Soldiers can download the guide and use it as a quick reference resource ahead of the policy announcement about non-combat operation maintenance plans.
- July 2, 2020Leaving a legacy: IMCOM bids farewell to senior executive leaders
- July 1, 2020Exiting U.S. Transportation Command Foreign Policy Advisor strengthened diplomatic support to the organization and America’s defense
- June 25, 202062nd AMXS Airman accepted to Air Force Academy class of 2025
- June 25, 2020Garrison develops restriction of movement guide for new arrivals
- June 25, 2020COVID-19: June 16 visitation update covered on “The Madigan Prevention Minute”
- June 23, 2020First-of-its-kind Army model expands military fuel options
- June 19, 2020DPW staff happy to be back serving Wiesbaden community
- June 11, 2020Need to Know: Officials offer advice on preparing teleworkers to return to the office
- June 9, 2020Expect to See Improvements When You PCS
- June 9, 2020Army values are our guide
- June 5, 2020First Army partners work through backlog and enable Soldiers to get on with their missions
- June 1, 2020Army Medical Logistics Command issues maintenance directive for oxygen generators
- June 1, 2020Father, son work together during pandemic
- May 27, 2020AER expands assistance eligibility for Guard, Reserve